so dull

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The light this week has been aweful, as I am sure my friends from Ontario will agree.. but, it's a good chance to test the VR on my lens.. and it seems to work well...

DSC_24200189ppjpegedit0199websize.jpg

DSC_24330190ppjpegedit0200websize.jpg

DSC_24530191ppjpegedit0201websize.jpg

DSC_24740192ppjpegedit0202websize.jpg

DSC_25240194ppjpegedit0203websize.jpg

DSC_25280195ppjpegedit20205websize.jpg

DSC_25530196ppjpegedit0206websize.jpg

DSC_25660197ppjpegedit0207websize.jpg

DSC_26030198ppjpegedit0208websize.jpg

Thanks for looking!

damn Raymond...these are perfect! is this from your friends place or wild?

what is VR?

These are all so sharp and well focused, but #5...wow! That is one of the best pictures I've seen in a while, the industrial scence with the billowing clouds, the perfect reflection, and the bird. Great job, just stunning :thumbup:

thanks so much!

Jon, these are all true wild shots, I prefer to be out in the real world, but the odd visit to fantasy land at Skyhunters is fun too. VR = Vibration Reduction.. Nikons equal to Canons IS... Inmage Stabalization concept. It really makes a huge difference in low lighting situations.

Normally, at 400mm, you need at least 1/500 sec to have a half decent shot without a tripod.. but with this lens, you can shoot the same shot at 1/60 and gain in iso, or aperature, and it still is sharp. You can even hear this thing working inside the lens if you are in a quiet room.

Next, I need a 800 prime, with VR.. (some day)!

The one where the bussard (hawk) looks straight at you is amazing. A wild one at that! Too cool. They would never let me approach them, ever!

But my favourite one is your Photo 6.
I just love it!

thanks everyone! LaFoto.. the buzzard is a Coopers Hawk., and most of these hawks are very easy to approach, at one point I was about 15 feet away from it.

here is another from this morning

DSC_25130193ppjpeg0209websize.jpg

i have gotten that close to some wild halks too, i think they are very sure of themselves. After all they dont have much to be afraid of.

very lovely bird shots :thumbup:

my favourite are 5 and 6... simply because I'm a landscape lover! :D and I love the tones there!

Great work Raymond. At least one of is getting some action ;) The weather is really getting me down but I hope we get some sun after I get my new lens this week. I was out this morning for a few hours and saw nothing. Lots of Owl sightings recently but they were hiding from me today.

Eric

All I can say is WOW!!. Truly amazing Raymond. I have not been out in days now, and I forgot what the sun looked like. Maybe next weekend.
Awesome work my friend. !!!!!

The light this week has been aweful, as I am sure my friends from Ontario will agree..

amen to that brother, its a drag, but these shots are amazing, my favorite is the last pic you posted! great work man!

-Joe

Most reactions

Back