So excited!! A Beaver!

That is great! Maybe a bit dark (the Beaver), but I bet you can restore some of that in post.
Actually, I lightened him up a lot from the original shot. I have trouble trying to meter him correctly since he is so dark but at the same time using the rule of thirds to keep him on the left third. My camera meters the center of my shot since I was using spot meter. Is there anyway to meter for him but not have him in the center of the shot? I tried evaluative but it didn't seem to work either.

You could have spot metered the beaver (and dialed in exposure comp if desired) then hit the exposure lock button then frame your shot.

That is great! Maybe a bit dark (the Beaver), but I bet you can restore some of that in post.
Actually, I lightened him up a lot from the original shot. I have trouble trying to meter him correctly since he is so dark but at the same time using the rule of thirds to keep him on the left third. My camera meters the center of my shot since I was using spot meter. Is there anyway to meter for him but not have him in the center of the shot? I tried evaluative but it didn't seem to work either.

You could have spot metered the beaver (and dialed in exposure comp if desired) then hit the exposure lock button then frame your shot.
I don't know why I didn't think of that! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back