So far, the new toy is pretty sharp..

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another lens-the Tamron AF55-200 f/4-5.6 LD Macro Di II I'm really liking the range, probably a good everyday lens.

I think these shots look pretty good, how about you? They're straight out of the camera with no processing done at all-no cropping, sharpening, nothing, besides whatever my camera does to convert them to JPEG, and they were shot in JPEG Normal, not Fine:

01_07_2009_6305.jpg

01_07_2009_6312.jpg

01_07_2009_6314.jpg

01_07_2009_6315.jpg

01_07_2009_6318.jpg

I think that radio of yours is pretty dirty lol.

They look ok for the first round of shots. Try putting it on a tripod and stopping down the lens a bit and then post again.

I think that radio of yours is pretty dirty lol.

You should see my keyboard...

Actually, the shallow depth of field is in the description of the lens, so I'll have to play with it and see if there's something different about it somehow..

Here's the blurb on the website:

TAMRON 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Di II LD
Macro Zoom Lens
For Nikon DSLR
The new telephoto zoom from Tamron, designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras, is ideal for anyone who wants to capture truly dynamic telephoto images. It goes far beyond the capabilities of the standard zoom that comes with a digital SLR camera. Ideal for photos of family fun, sport events, scenery, and portraiture, the lens naturally creates a out-of-focus background that emphasizes the main subject of your photo.

At $60 brand new, I thought it would be fun to play with and learn on..

Last edited:
I think all that product description is saying is that at large apertures it can create bokeh (blurry out of focus areas) because this feature isnt mentioned in the name of the lens at all.

And what i meant about stopping down the lens was not to create more DOF but to increase the lens' performance. find that sweet spot where its sharpest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back