So how do you do it?

Your pictures turned out really nice, good work!

Nice job on the pictures!
And what a jack*ss that you ran into! I'm sure he was just one of those busy-bodies that felt he had to butt into someone else's business.

So, now that you got your first weirdo out of the way, you can now go shoot again ;)

Thanks for the comments.

Yea, now you know why I was afraid to go...I just had this feeling something was going to go wrong. :lol:

It's back to freezing (18 degrees today and colder at night) and we got hit with a huge snow on Sunday and more is on the way tomorrow. So...I guess I'm pretty limited to any night shots now.

I guess I'll have to start practicing some other things around the house. :mrgreen:

Maybe you could further test your camera by taking pictures of the baby...just a thought.

Not sure what lenses you have for your camera, but maybe try some macro shots with plants in the house as well.

All in all sounds like you had an interesting photo shoot. Think you'll go on another night photo shoot any time soon?

Maybe you could further test your camera by taking pictures of the baby...just a thought.

Not sure what lenses you have for your camera, but maybe try some macro shots with plants in the house as well.

All in all sounds like you had an interesting photo shoot. Think you'll go on another night photo shoot any time soon?

Yea, that was the main reason that I got the camera was for the baby. I've taken a lot of pictures of her, but I like to do pictures with props and backgrounds for holidays. I guess I could start working on an idea for Valentine's Day coming up.:mrgreen:

The only lens I have right now is what came with the camera which is a 18-70mm. I just ordered a 100-300mm yesterday. It should be here some time this week.

No plants in the house...I kill them most of the time. :lol: But I do have some idea's of other things to try out.

I don't think I'll be going out for any outdoor shots any time soon. We the huge amount of snow that just got dumped on us yesterday and they said we are having a huge storm coming in tomorrow and will be lasting for 48 hours. They are telling anyone if they need to go out to the grocery store, you better do it today. :(

So...looks like I'll be confined to the house for the rest of the week.

looks like you had fun despite the stalker guy. i think you got some good shots!

We got dumped on saturday/sunday and they tell us to expect more today. It was actually melting nicely on Friday but it was just too good to be true.

I kill all my plants too, I need to stop that, but I forget the damn things are sitting there :)

Congrats on the new lens, it's always exciting when one drops in the mail. I'm in the process of saving for an 80-200 f/2.8 for sporting events this summer. What will you be using your 100-300 for?

Yea we had a bunch of snow dumped on us and then by friday (when we went out to get some shots downtown) it was 48 degrees out. :confused: Then 2 days later...bam, snowed in again and more on the way.

I just bought my lesn so that I could do some zooming in and we are going to the mountains for vacation in May...so I'll use it then. Next on my list is a fisheye and some filters. :sexywink:

Yea we had a bunch of snow dumped on us and then by friday (when we went out to get some shots downtown) it was 48 degrees out. :confused: Then 2 days later...bam, snowed in again and more on the way.

I just bought my lesn so that I could do some zooming in and we are going to the mountains for vacation in May...so I'll use it then. Next on my list is a fisheye and some filters. :sexywink:

Hmm, I would maybe consider an ultra-wide angle before a fisheye. It is a lot more useful to shoot those whole mountain ranges. The fisheye is neat, but I think more limited in use (at least according to my use). Just a thought ;)

Hmm, I would maybe consider an ultra-wide angle before a fisheye. It is a lot more useful to shoot those whole mountain ranges. The fisheye is neat, but I think more limited in use (at least according to my use). Just a thought ;)

Any suggestions as to size I should look for? When I was reading up on the sizes of lens it said:
A moderate wide-angle lens is 35mm
A wide-angle lens is 24mm to 28mm
A super wide-angle lens is 17mm to 20mm
The lens that came with my camera is 18-70mm. So wouldn't that be considered a super wide-angle lens already?
I'm so confused on these sizes and what is considered what. :(

Any suggestions as to size I should look for? When I was reading up on the sizes of lens it said:
A moderate wide-angle lens is 35mm
A wide-angle lens is 24mm to 28mm
A super wide-angle lens is 17mm to 20mm
The lens that came with my camera is 18-70mm. So wouldn't that be considered a super wide-angle lens already?
I'm so confused on these sizes and what is considered what. :(
Either that's talking about on 35mm film or full frame sensor, or there is a category wider than super wide angle called something like ultra wide angle. Either way, on crop sensor dSLRs like ours 17mm is pretty wide but not as wide as you can get without distorting much. Something like a 10-20 or 12-24 would be what we are talking about when we say super wide or ultra wide, while something like a 17-50 or 18-55 is more of a standard zoom lens.

something like a 17-50 or 18-55 is more of a standard zoom lens.

That's exactly what I was thinking. But, I don't know much about these camera's and I'm just learning. So, I thought well maybe it's just because I started out with one of these lens this wide, so that's what I'm use to from the beginning. But I thought there would be a bigger difference than what I'm seeing. So...now I know.

So, I should be looking for something around 10-20mm...hmm, I'll have to start hunting. :mrgreen:

It's a lot of information to think about and swallow and then when you go to shoot things you have to remember several things to get a decent shot. It's a lot like learning a foreign language. You have to learn the rules (unless you learn young and pick it up without being taught the rules) and practice them in context and then you go out in the real world and are put on the spot to put things together again. Just think of the ser/estar/preterite/imperfect conundrum people deal with in Spanish. It took me years to get it down pretty good without thinking hard about which verb and form to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back