So How's The Air In Your Spare?

Have you checked it lately?

Have you ever checked it?

Good thing I make it part of my routine. Ended up with a flat this morning. If I was like most people, I'd have a perfectly good tire and rim, but no air in it. Half hour after pulling off the street into a parking lot, I was back on the road. A bit dirtier than normal, but at least back on the road.

So take time to check your spare, as well as whatever tools you'll need to change a tire out in the boonies. Sure, it sucks to have to do so, but it sure beats having to call a tow truck or tire service place and sit and wait.
Be honest, was it really that big a deal? I mean the tire was only flat on one side. The ride would only have been slightly uncomfortable 1/4 of the time. :laughing:

Last time I had a flat the car rolled over 6 times. At that point changing one sort of seemed like a moot point.

Nope it's still under warranty. The dealer does that. :allteeth:

They actually have an amazing system. They hook all 5 tires up to a machine at once and it checks all five for preasure and then balances them all to the same tire pressure.

Have you checked it lately?

Have you ever checked it?

Good thing I make it part of my routine. Ended up with a flat this morning. If I was like most people, I'd have a perfectly good tire and rim, but no air in it. Half hour after pulling off the street into a parking lot, I was back on the road. A bit dirtier than normal, but at least back on the road.

So take time to check your spare, as well as whatever tools you'll need to change a tire out in the boonies. Sure, it sucks to have to do so, but it sure beats having to call a tow truck or tire service place and sit and wait.
Be honest, was it really that big a deal? I mean the tire was only flat on one side. The ride would only have been slightly uncomfortable 1/4 of the time. :laughing:

Last time I had a flat the car rolled over 6 times. At that point changing one sort of seemed like a moot point.
Which begs the question, did you have a spare pair of underwear to change into?

I drive a full size truck. More than just to check the pressure, I check it to make sure the hoist releases. I've known a few people who were stranded when their spare wouldn't drop down from under the vehicle.

Which begs the question, did you have a spare pair of underwear to change into?

Which begs the question, do you really want me to answer that and have that mental image stuck in your head for life?

Lol
Could it be much worse than this????
resized_200x280_bikini_gorilla.jpg

Oh! Good advice. I've never checked.... I wonder if DH does. Hmm...

I'd probably have to call a tow truck anyways. I doubt I am strong enough to loosen the (llllllllug nuts??) hubby always rotates them with air tools.

I checked the air in my spare the other day and it was a bit stale, so I had them replace it with this........
gvoz7hrxsuvsjusiezjh.jpg

Currently my car thinks it is in Paris. I think next week I will let it think it is in Germany. :laugh2:

My last car didn't come with a spare.

My last car didn't come with a spare.

From what I hear, that is not really true.

In Boston your car came with at least 4 spares.
honda_accord.jpg

Maybe not spares for YOU, but for someone they are spares. :bouncingsmileys:

^^^ haha... we actually had that happen, but only two wheels. :)

But in all seriousness, my VW R32 had no spare. Too much weight. They gave you a patch kit and an air pump.

I don't know why you would need the air pump. If you are living in "BEAN TOWN" I am sure there is enough pressurized gas to be had without the need for a pump. :biggrin-new:

Most reactions

Back