So, I decided to join the 20th century.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I just ordered some Cactus v4's. 2 sets and 4 extra recievers straight from Hong Kong.

I know the mods that can be done to the V2 for extra range. I was holding out for pocket wizards but, wife needed something now. So decided to order the V4's. Anyone modded them yet for more range? I don't think I have a need to go over their stated 100' range. But more power is always better. :mrgreen:

I thought you were gonna say you built a darkroom or something.. since y'know. it's the 21st century..

I thought you were gonna say you built a darkroom or something.. since y'know. it's the 21st century..

Yes, but radio slaves were around before the turn of this century. :p
So, I thought 20th was appropriate.

And yes I did do my 19th century darkroom in the 20th. :lol:

I don't think anyone has modded the V4's, so you are stuck at whatever distance they work for you at. This is why I suggest that if someone wants to do the budget method, get the V2's and then increase their distances by a factor of 10 for a few cents, a little solder and about 5 minutes of your time. :)

I don't think anyone has modded the V4's, so you are stuck at whatever distance they work for you at. This is why I suggest that if someone wants to do the budget method, get the V2's and then increase their distances by a factor of 10 for a few cents, a little solder and about 5 minutes of your time. :)

Ah, now you tell me. :er: :)

Eh, if the range starts to fall short I will just loosen the belt around the wallet some and grab a couple PW's. But for me I am thinking 100' or anything near that should be good enough for what I am doing. MAYBE :lol:

Found a decent review of the V4's. Said he could get 5 fps at 40 meters without fail. At 100 meters he was getting some failures. Said it may have been batteries since it was -5 out at the time of the test.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back