So I found this lens...

Azriel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.knightlight.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
About five years ago, I found this lens laying on the grass near my apartment. It would get bounced around in boxes for years until I actually took up photography and had it dug out. Turns out it's an L series 16-35mm 1:2.8

I've taken some shots with it, with some great results. Problem is, there was never a lens cap for it.

I took a picture of a blue sheet of paper. Someone said it woulddetect scratches. So I did, and I couldn`t find anything. I looked at it real close though, with a flashlight (the lens, not the pic) and I can see all these little teeny nics.

I`m curious how much of issue this will be. Like I said...can`t really make out anything wrong in my pictures....but I`m also new at this.

If you're not seeing any problems, be happy!! What a great find!

It will take any standard Canon (or after-market) 77mm lens cap. You can order them from any camera store.

The 16-35 L is quite an expensive lens, at least US$1,500. And it' built like a tank, I'm not surprised it's fine.

If you're not seeing any problems, be happy!! What a great find!

It will take any standard Canon (or after-market) 77mm lens cap. You can order them from any camera store.

The 16-35 L is quite an expensive lens, at least US$1,500. And it' built like a tank, I'm not surprised it's fine.

Thanks a bunch. Yeah, the lens doesn't look out of the box but the pictures are great...here's a couple.

3072692180_9128c7a44d.jpg

3057329571_822a817580.jpg

Incredible indeed! How many times in life others find a "L" lens in their lawns?

I think I'm going to keep my eyes open... and pay close attention that my bag stays closed!

hum .. I need to pay more attention when I mow my lawn from now on....:lol:

there was a busted dslr beside it too, looked like someone dropped it of their balcony. Again, this was about five years ago.

Or someone was not so nicely kicked out the the sig other. :er: Probably figured they were all broken.

or they were passing it around at a party. The lens had a hood, which looked real beaten up, mostly scratches, its what must have saved the lens. I'm going to pick up a lens cap today, I've been putting it off for a month, and hoping the inside of my kata wouldn't cause further damage.

Most reactions

Back