So... I got featured on PetaPixel today...

Congrats!! So happy for you[emoji122] [emoji2]

Emily, your photography of Desi is quite amazing. But more than the photography, your ability to touch her in that affirmative way, was potentially a life-changing experience for Desi. What you have done is to demolish the poor self-image she had, and let her see the person that others see. On the other hand, your photography, with its excellent use of light and posing, eliminated the possible distractions, and let the viewers (including Desi) see the person within. Kudos.

Awesome -- big congrats! And don't worry... *we* know it's pretty cool. ;-)

Whow.

I wasnt aware photography could do any such thing.

Good job - great shots, and important back story. Well done!

Thank you! :)

What an amazing article, and the feature is 100% deserved.

As well, I wish I was even half as good as you are. I don't think anything in my portfolio comes close to these photos.

You are more than half as good as I am, haha. I think what we both have to realize is that each of us has a different style... which is why I think you're better than I am and you think I'm better than you are. LOL

Congrats Emily! I saw it on the Petapixel FB earlier and was like whaaa, that's awesome. :)

Haha, thanks!

Good karma is on the way to you

Man, I hope so! LOL

Very nice ! congrats !!! Side note : Did she ever get placed with a good agency ? Man she really is fantastic ! Kudos again !

Still working on that. I don't know that her mother has actively pursued anyone, but we're planning on doing a more environmental shoot with her soon, so I think I'm going to try and focus some of those images to be solid portfolio images for her, and then I'm going to help them reach out to a few agencies here.

Woot big congrats and great story! Glad to hear of such a fantastic result on both fronts!!

Thank you!

Great Story! Congrats.:icon_cheers:

Way to go! :headbang:

Thanks!! Haha

Congrats!! So happy for you[emoji122] [emoji2]

Thanks! ^_^

Emily, your photography of Desi is quite amazing. But more than the photography, your ability to touch her in that affirmative way, was potentially a life-changing experience for Desi. What you have done is to demolish the poor self-image she had, and let her see the person that others see. On the other hand, your photography, with its excellent use of light and posing, eliminated the possible distractions, and let the viewers (including Desi) see the person within. Kudos.

Thank you for your kind words. I had no idea she even felt like that until after I had asked her mother to do a shoot. Once I realized what had been happening to her, I made sure everyone on set was aware and did everything they could to make her feel special, unique, and beautiful.

Apparently we all did a really good job, because she's a happy little camper now, and apparently has been asking her mom when our next shoot is, haha.

Awesome -- big congrats! And don't worry... *we* know it's pretty cool. ;-)

Thanks!

Whow.

I wasnt aware photography could do any such thing.

I knew it could... I had just never experienced it of myself that intensely, first hand. And while I expected to hear good things back from Renee, I didn't AT ALL expect THOSE types of changes. It totally floored me.

Emily,

(a) Congratulations!
(b) Great article!
(c) That's FABULOUS of you do do this for this young girl!
(d) LOVE the photography!

Well deserved and on so many levels. It's not just the photography -- but for helping to change someone's life for the better!

Thank you for your humanity. We need more good people in this world.

Emily,

(a) Congratulations!
(b) Great article!
(c) That's FABULOUS of you do do this for this young girl!
(d) LOVE the photography!

Well deserved and on so many levels. It's not just the photography -- but for helping to change someone's life for the better!

Very nice work. :)
Congrats!

Thank you all! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back