so i got this camera...

V.Alonso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,

My grandfather was very big into photogoraphy whem my mother was in highschool(20+years ago:lmao:) and today i asked him if he could give me his old 35mm camera which he would shoot with

it is a fujica and he had 3 lenses, a 28mm, 55mm, and a 85-205mm.
now the problem is that for the last 15 years moe or less, it was stored in his closet, and now the sensor i guess, has mold from the humidity, im assuming it is the sensor but i relly dont know, any way i was wondering what i can do about it, and if it is salvageable

I'm sure any reputable camera service store will give it a good cleaning, check or replace the seals, etc. Probably be good as new and give you years of perfect service for a small investment! Take the lenses in with the camera body. You should be in business inside of week or so. :thumbup:

ok update on this

i took it to a camera shop that another camera shop i go to reccomended to me for servicing this camera

im just curious if this is a good price

the seals on the camera were bad so they are being replaced, the light meter is being replaced also, it is getting a full cleaning

they are charging me $90 (89 something to be exact)

my grandfather relly wanted it to be useable for me, but i was just wondering if it was a good price?

thanks

Yep, sounds about right to me, too. It should perform beautifully for you for years now. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back