So I have it.

Can anyone recommend how to get pics from my camera with out the install cd? Or a card reader?

He didn't give me the CD with the camera for some reason.

Scratch that. Got the driver from the Canon site.

some office networks don't allow usb's to connect to computers at all. they physically connect but doesn't show up. security reasons

Big Mike said:
Grab a card reader when you get a chance...they are $20. Easy to upload and they save your camera's batteries.

Also, if/when you get more batteries...don't bother with Canon brand ones. I get mine from here, they are much cheaper and last longer.

Does your 300D have the hack installed? If not, I'd suggest doing it. It pretty much turns that camera into the more expensive 10D by turning on all the features that have been turned off by Canon. Read about it here

Jee Mike, thanks for the tips! I was thinking about buying a new battery just as a spare when you're out in the wilderness and your battery should die. Does the hack work for the 350D. a.k.a. Rebel XT?

Matty-Bass said:
Jee Mike, thanks for the tips! I was thinking about buying a new battery just as a spare when you're out in the wilderness and your battery should die. Does the hack work for the 350D. a.k.a. Rebel XT?
No and I would really recommend not trying it either! The 350D has a different sensor and image processor so it's almost certain to end in failure!

Oh and congrats Bace!!

Rob

Rob is right, the hack is for the Digital Rebel (300D) only. Canon got smart after that and there is no hack for the Rebe XT (350D). Although, the XT has some of the features that were missing from the 300D anyway.

No, it's pretty close. Maybe a little closer than the two previous models (300D & 10D). The image quality is basically the same but I think the sensor on the 20D has just a bit more resolution (8.0 vs 8.2 MP). Same sensor but different size.

I haven't done a head to head comparison is quite a while...so I don't remember the differences in the features. The big difference is the body and the layout of the controls. The 20D is a fair bit bigger & stronger, has more function buttons for fast adjustments...and it has a thumb wheel (which I love).

Hey Mike.

Please tell me I got a good deal, cause as of yet I'm not sure.

300D Rebel with that lens that comes with it usually. 18-55 I think?
Two Canon Batteries with Charger.
Infrared Remote
256 mb Card

$500 Canadian
Which i'm guessing is aroud $450-$475 US?

Bace-man,

First of all, congrats on the camera...I'm very jealous as mine hasn't come yet.

As far as the cost, I have no idea, but I'm a firm believer that if you are comfortable with the money you paid, and you are happy with what you got, it doesn't really matter...besides, what are you gonna do? send it back?

Just use it, enjoy it, and don't look back!

bace said:
Hey Mike.

Please tell me I got a good deal, cause as of yet I'm not sure.

300D Rebel with that lens that comes with it usually. 18-55 I think?
Two Canon Batteries with Charger.
Infrared Remote
256 mb Card

$500 Canadian
Which i'm guessing is aroud $450-$475 US?

I paid just under $1000 US for mine a year ago, w/ only one battery, no remote, and a 1GB card.

Sounds like a great deal to me. At that price, I'd be temped to get it as a backup to my 20D.

Most reactions

Back