So I made my own lens.

I finally got around to taking some more pictures with the holga40. More to come later today hopefully, but I have to get started on making dinner!

IMG_3466.jpg

Nothing much, I believe... just that they, like you, believe people should use the search. They gave credit from whom they took the quote... thats rather polite!

As for the pics... the "how to turn your 40D into a Holga", as interesting as it is, doesn't impress me with the results... lol.

i've just noticed you have a quote by me on ur sig...what's that about?

It's my pet peeve as well and one day I noticed not only two threads where you told someone to use the search function, but also a thread dedicated to how people should use the search function. I figured it was something I wanted people to read when they looked at my signature. If it bothers you, I'll remove it.

Nothing much, I believe... just that they, like you, believe people should use the search. They gave credit from whom they took the quote... thats rather polite!

As for the pics... the "how to turn your 40D into a Holga", as interesting as it is, doesn't impress me with the results... lol.
Well no, these shots are not very good, but they were hand held shots of mundane subjects. I'll mess with my tripod and something worth taking a picture of and see how it looks.

Well it's time for an update! I ironed out the sensor distance issues and finished the EF Holga lens. I also removed a plastic ring on the back so it is now a larger aperture. In keeping with the idea of the Holga, I used a good amount of duct tape and hot glue in the construction. Here are the pictures of the finished product.

40Holga_002.jpg

40Holga_003.jpg

Here are the results from the new version of the lens.

40Holga_001.jpg

In the center of this one is a blur that is actually a humming bird who came to my balcony for a visit just as I was taking my sample shots. He caught me off guard unfortunately, and I didn't get a good picture of him at all.
40Holga_004.jpg

40Holga_005.jpg

40Holga_006.jpg

40Holga_007.jpg

The results were very... Holga...

Let me know what you guys think of the little lens that could now!

BTW, does anyone know why it is called optical lens???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back