So.. I pulled the trigger on the D7K! Couldn't be happier :)

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after waiting around for a used deal on D7000 I found a good deal for a new one on amazon for just about 85 US$ more than what I was willing to pay for a used one. Needless to say I didn't think twice, and here's a sample of our frst outing together. I am ecstatic with the performance, there's a day and night difference from what I'm used to. It was a very overcast day, and I was surprised by the low light abilities of the cam. I've probably never shot in darker lights, and this was just so great!:bouncingsmileys:

#1. Looks like food!

19257402502_68522f4126_z_d.jpg

#2. The unfed musketeer!

19237000826_9cc57e8206_z_d.jpg

#3. Blue crowned pegion

19075364008_1d3d4ca87d_z_d.jpg

#4. Sun Conure

18640677904_e49360de55_z_d.jpg

#5. Rat snake: Want a peek?

19236684386_8f4611dd56_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
All I'll say is you got great photos with you're last set up so I'd say you really know how to get the best out of the kit you've got. Enjoy

All I'll say is you got great photos with you're last set up so I'd say you really know how to get the best out of the kit you've got. Enjoy
Thanks a lot jaomul! :1247: I'm super excited, going back to my burrow to figure out how this thing works :p

Nice set!And congrats on your 'new' piece of hardware. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you'll take with it!

Wow, SO happy for you, Raj!! Those are some terrific images--but then, I'm not surprised. You already had quite the talent when all you had was your little point and shoot. Once you went to even the ancient D100, you were producing images better than many with much newer, fancier gear. These images with the D7000 are just outstanding. You'll love that camera! Even though I've moved to the D800 now, my D7000 is still my backup and I still really enjoying shooting with it.

Very nice, Raj. Congrats on the new gear.

Awesome dude! Good news! Nice photos, very crisp and clean. I like the crowned pigeon shot the most.

Nice set!And congrats on your 'new' piece of hardware. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you'll take with it!
Thanks goooner, as am I! :)
Wow, SO happy for you, Raj!! Those are some terrific images--but then, I'm not surprised. You already had quite the talent when all you had was your little point and shoot. Once you went to even the ancient D100, you were producing images better than many with much newer, fancier gear. These images with the D7000 are just outstanding. You'll love that camera! Even though I've moved to the D800 now, my D7000 is still my backup and I still really enjoying shooting with it.
Thanks Sharon, I'm fairly certain shooting so long with the D100 has given me some edge on composition. I realized I was barely cropping any photographs in the D7000, and I was actually looking forward to all that cropping power :lol:
I didn't know you upgraded to a D800, how's it holding up? It's been a while since I've seen you post your photographs here.

Very nice, Raj. Congrats on the new gear.
Thanks Brian :)
Congrats! Let even more fun continue :)
Thanks Jaca, I'll head out somewhere soon enough to see how it holds with the landscape stuff! :)
Awesome dude! Good news! Nice photos, very crisp and clean. I like the crowned pigeon shot the most.
Thanks Derrel, I was pleasantly surprised by the sharpness on that one too! :)
Looking good Rajy-baby!! Onwards and upwards! Love seeing your progression!
:lol: Thanks Jamie, means a lot! :)

Thanks Sharon, I'm fairly certain shooting so long with the D100 has given me some edge on composition. I realized I was barely cropping any photographs in the D7000, and I was actually looking forward to all that cropping power :lol:
I didn't know you upgraded to a D800, how's it holding up? It's been a while since I've seen you post your photographs here.

Yeah, wasn't really quite planning on it--but ended up buying Kris' D800 when he went over to the Dark Side. :D
I love the camera, but the only things I've really shot with it were an anniversary party for a friend's parents, and some pictures of a family gathering at the end of May, neither of which would interest anyone on TPF. My mom got sick at the end of May, and since then, I've not had time to do any photography. Well, I *have* actually had two very small photo sessions, one with a couple of hummingbirds in my backyard, and one with some turtles at a nearby nature area. But those were both a month ago, and I still haven't even processed them!

Looking good bro,Congrats on the new gear.Nice shots.

Most excellent! Now quit with the Internet chit-chat and get out there and take some more cool pictures for us to look at!

Wait......... what?!?!?!

The D7000 now has a trigger? Mine didn't. Is this something Nikon has added, or is it because it's not a US serial number?

Looks like your off to a great start with it. I'm sure we will be seeing many more wonderful images.

Most reactions

Back