So.. I pulled the trigger on the D7K! Couldn't be happier :)

Yeah, wasn't really quite planning on it--but ended up buying Kris' D800 when he went over to the Dark Side. :D
I love the camera, but the only things I've really shot with it were an anniversary party for a friend's parents, and some pictures of a family gathering at the end of May, neither of which would interest anyone on TPF. My mom got sick at the end of May, and since then, I've not had time to do any photography. Well, I *have* actually had two very small photo sessions, one with a couple of hummingbirds in my backyard, and one with some turtles at a nearby nature area. But those were both a month ago, and I still haven't even processed them!
So sorry to hear about your mom Sharon, photography can wait and we aren't going anywhere. I really hope she's doing better now!

Looking good bro,Congrats on the new gear.Nice shots.
:allteeth: Thanks Dave!! Just waiting for the weekend to take it out again :1219:

Most excellent! Now quit with the Internet chit-chat and get out there and take some more cool pictures for us to look at!
:lol: Yes sir! Some more shots posted by today evening. :allteeth:

Wait......... what?!?!?!

The D7000 now has a trigger? Mine didn't. Is this something Nikon has added, or is it because it's not a US serial number?
:laugh2: It's a special edition thing available only in India, I can exchange it for a D750 if you want! :345:

Looks like your off to a great start with it. I'm sure we will be seeing many more wonderful images.
Thanks John! I'll try my best. :)

Nice set Raj....looking forward more from your latest gear......

Great set, I really love #3! What lenses to you have? :)

Great Series! Loved them all especially the unfed gent and the Blue pigeon.
The bar has alrady been set higher my friend.

Jasii

nice shots, almost looks like you know what youre doing :p

Thanks man, my main telephoto lens is the nikon 70-300 VR which I've used for all these shots. :)

I have a 70-300mm Canon kit lens, and even though it is a cheaper grade lens, but I still love it! 70-300mm is a really great zoom length, at least I think it is! :)

nice shots, almost looks like you know what youre doing :p
:lol: The camera did most of my work for me, I just take the credit :p..

I have a 70-300mm Canon kit lens, and even though it is a cheaper grade lens, but I still love it! 70-300mm is a really great zoom length, at least I think it is! :)
It's a decent zoom for zoos and land animals, but I need a bit more range for my birding. Although I caught nice BIF yesterday, but I had to crop heavily and I can never print it if I wanted to. :(

Congrats !! They are all good but love the snake shot.
Thanks Annamaria.. :)

Great shots! This is the clear example where the camera upgrade led to better photography. I do not see it often.
There is something about this particular sensor that makes images look fantastic, organic and natural. I know a guy who upgraded twice from a D7000 to latest models, first DX and then FF but returned to it 3 years later and is very happy. He is a very good photographer.
The pigeon shot is tops.

Last edited:
Great shots! This is the clear example where the camera upgrade led to better photography. I do not see it often.
There is something about this particular sensor that makes images look fantastic, organic and natural. I know a guy who upgraded twice from a D7000 to latest models, first DX and then FF but returned to it 3 years later and is very happy. He is a very good photographer.
The pigeon shot is tops.
Thanks Sashbar, I've noticed a considerable increase in my keepers and the amount of crop that I can get out of the 16MP is just unusual for me coming from a 6MP one. Yesterday I found an australian black shouldered kite near a national park, even though the 70-300 was a lot less reach than I needed I actually got a keeper in the BIF after a heavy crop and was smiling all the way home. I am still in amazement, love this camera :)

Congrats on the new gear Raj!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back