So.. I pulled the trigger on the D7K! Couldn't be happier :)

So cool. Yours are the right hands for such an excellent tool. Congrats. Lovely shots....can't wait to see more.

The D7000 is great body and I love mine as well! The AF could be snappier at times but all in all it's fantastic and I'm having a ton of fun with it.
I hope to see many more great photos from you!

So cool. Yours are the right hands for such an excellent tool. Congrats. Lovely shots....can't wait to see more.
Thanks Desi, really appreciate the kind words! :1247: I'm going out on a long distance trek tomorrow, although I don't have a very good lens for landscapes, but hopefully I'll return with at least a few keepers.
The D7000 is great body and I love mine as well! The AF could be snappier at times but all in all it's fantastic and I'm having a ton of fun with it.
I hope to see many more great photos from you!
Thanks Mattis! Luckily, the AF hasn't failed me so far in daylight, it does hunt for focus when the light gets a bit darker. I just love this camera, wonder what it'd have been like if I had gone ahead with my D610 purchase.. All in good time I guess! :icon_rolleyes:

The D610 isn't much different. It's essentially a D7000 with an FX sensor :p FX has its advantages, but since I like the 1.5x crop factor I will probably stay with the DX format.

The D610 isn't much different. It's essentially a D7000 with an FX sensor :p FX has its advantages, but since I like the 1.5x crop factor I will probably stay with the DX format.
Yeah, I agree, those grapes are sour anyway! :345: :laughing: :laugh2:

Yeah, I agree, those grapes are sour anyway! :345: :laughing: :laugh2:
If I would shoot lots of portraits, or if I used very wide focal lengths a lot, or if I would regularly use very high ISOs I would probably go for a 35mm body. But if I did I'd also have to replace my 12-24mm f/4 Tokina and my 35mm f/1.8G DX. That makes the whole thing expensive and relatively pointless in my opinion.

If I would shoot lots of portraits, or if I used very wide focal lengths a lot, or if I would regularly use very high ISOs I would probably go for a 35mm body. But if I did I'd also have to replace my 12-24mm f/4 Tokina and my 35mm f/1.8G DX. That makes the whole thing expensive and relatively pointless in my opinion.
I understand, I was just kidding. TBH, I am glad I didn't go FF! I just don't see any limiting factor with the APS-C for my style of photography, it would have been pointless for me too.

Most reactions

Back