So I went on an adventure

LCLimages

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This has both landscape and nature/wildlife in it, so I picked a board. I spent almost the entire day Friday with a camera in my hands. I have a friend back from overseas and he has some land I didn't know existed. Truly, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in this part of the state.

Firstly, the morning started out looking like this:

I stopped by the lake, and that's when I got these.

Compositionally, I think the shot from the mystic river thread is better but I liked the dead tree in this one, too.

This guy was just hanging out on a tree by the lake, and I would have eaten my left foot to have a lens longer than 135mm on me, because this is heavily cropped and just didn't cut it. But cool to see nonetheless.

On our way to my friend's property
6. [url=https://flic.kr/p/oT8481]

Made it. I thought we didn't get any red around here. I was wrong.

Also heavily cropped:

I thought this looked like something straight out of a horror/suspense movie...
12. [/url]

I like the third and last images the best.

Interesting that you see that last image befitting a horror/suspense movie, because I see it almost the polar opposite: Very peaceful and serene, evoking memories of childhood past.

I like the third and last images the best.

Interesting that you see that last image befitting a horror/suspense movie, because I see it almost the polar opposite: Very peaceful and serene, evoking memories of childhood past.

Different point of views for sure! I think it's the tree, and the empty tire swing. I spend too much time watching creepy movies with my eyes half shut :lol: The tree looked like something straight out of The Conjuring, or Sinister. Both involving hangings and creepy children, especially Sinister.

I like all of these. I took one of a turf farm in early morning fog that resembles the first one.

Don't you just love those days where you can hang with your camera and snap whatever inspires you? These are awesome! I love the last one, because its telling a story, but they all are beautiful. Very well done :)

Cool shots. You make Missouri look quite beautiful. My favorites are 3 and 4 and 12. That tire swing looks....creepy! Very horror-film-like!

Very nice! I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite, but will mention the frog. 'Cause who doesn't like a good frog photo?

All very lovely! I like 3&4 the best. What a peaceful place!

Cool shots. You make Missouri look quite beautiful. My favorites are 3 and 4 and 12. That tire swing looks....creepy! Very horror-film-like!

So I'm not the only one who thinks it's creepy looking! Missouri has some beautiful places for sure. It's not as flat as KS. Everyone knows the southern part and the Ozarks can be very nice, but I didn't realize how beautiful the northern part of the state could be until a few years ago, I had to drive two-lane Hwy 136 west across the entire state from Illinois. It kind of hugs & runs parallel to the Iowa border. Now, I despise driving. Any longer than 30 minutes and I'm bored and my back hurts. This was a 5.5 hour drive, and I loved every minute of it. It was a gorgeous May day, and it seemed like every hill I topped had another amazing view.

I've known this friend 10+ years and had never seen this property. It's been in his family a long time and I guess he gets it once his uncle passes. It really looked like something from another state or planet. Just gorgeous. It's about an hour or so east of my house. Definitely takes a 4WD truck to get to!

I like them all and had no idea there are Bald Eagles there.

I am originally from Kansas City and hate the thought of leaving Southern California even to visit most of my extended family there. You may have changed my mind now.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm from KC too, born and raised. But I live up north now. The city doesn't do the state justice. The rural areas of the state really can be breathtaking.

That said, I'm leaving MO if I ever get a chance :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back