So I went to a hockey game...

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
...and a boxing match broke out! No really! :lol: They had a boxing ring set up just off the ice and had some local boxers come in between periods. Got some weird lighting, as they shined the arena searchlights through the end-netting onto the ring. Anyway, got a couple shots that I thought were pretty emotive and interesting.

(The grain is from shooting at ISO 1600 and then still having to increase brightness some.)

IMG_7125_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7128_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7130_edited_RS.jpg

some cool shots, dude! maybe a little crop here, a little crop there...

to get rid of digital noise, as in #2, try converting to lab colors, click on a channel, gaussian blurr till all dots are gone,
click on channel b click ctrl-f to apply exact amount of gb as channel a

convert back to rgb....

I actually put some extra grain into that one. Thought it brought out the contrasting colors a bit more. :oops: Back to the drawing board, I guess!

Good tips on removing the grain. I'm definitely going to give that a try! Thanks!

don't get me wrong- i like 'em anyway, and the extra grain in the bw works for the subject. i definitely like the emotion you caught in each one. try the gb filter on luminosity channels a & b- you might be surprised. i wonder if you boosted contrast in rgb afterward if you'd get the best of both worlds?

Most reactions

Back