So I'm in the market...

I have to say this lense rocks!!! 24-70 F2.8 L is the best lense i own. I wanted to buy the 70-200 L but I have no need for it. I have a 100 mm Macro and use it alot but I leave my 24-70 on 90% of the time. I also use my 85mm prime and 50mm 1.2 prime all the time. Even at weddings all I take lense wise are the 24-70 and 85mm.

I have always heard good things about the 24-70mm F2.8 L...people who use it, love it.
I personally don't feel that 24mm is wide enough on a crop body though.
Recently, I've been hearing that many of the 24-70 F2.8 lenses don't focus all that well. A photographer I know...has had 6 different copies...all of which were off. I guess there are many such cases...so if you have a good one...hold onto it.

I have to say this lense rocks!!! 24-70 F2.8 L is the best lense i own. I wanted to buy the 70-200 L but I have no need for it. I have a 100 mm Macro and use it alot but I leave my 24-70 on 90% of the time. I also use my 85mm prime and 50mm 1.2 prime all the time. Even at weddings all I take lense wise are the 24-70 and 85mm.

Hmm I was ultimately thinking of getting the 24-70 and the wide angle 10-22mm. I already have my 70-200 L so I'm good there. and I do have my Tamaron 17-50 2.8 - even though it's not the "best" it's a decent lens I can use as my crop body if I need it.

I have always heard good things about the 24-70mm F2.8 L...people who use it, love it.
I personally don't feel that 24mm is wide enough on a crop body though.
Recently, I've been hearing that many of the 24-70 F2.8 lenses don't focus all that well. A photographer I know...has had 6 different copies...all of which were off. I guess there are many such cases...so if you have a good one...hold onto it.

But now i hear this - bummer :( Why is choosing lenses so hard!? I am debating - maybe I'll go and rent a couple that I feel like purchasing and see how I like them, that way I can "test drive" them before I drop the cash. I just have to find a place that rents out equipment :lol:

Most reactions

Back