So I'm supposed to go to the USMC recruiters today

Phazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I made the mistake of telling a Marine recruiter on the phone that I was interested in joining...And I AM planning on joining, but I was also planning to go backpacking through Europe first...I then made a second mistake of planning a time to meet today so he can convince me to skip my Europe trip. Now I am sitting at home with no car, and I'm supposed to be there in an hour and a half... I'm not too smart, huh?? :x

sounds like now is not the time to go

the lack of car is a sign - pack your bags and get on a plane to Europe

unless of course not meeting him is a crime or some such - if so well either phone and make excuses (they will get more of these than you think and at least its polite and you can voice your opinion)

Do not skip Europe!

this is the time!

do it!

and there are some TPF-members in Europe who might help out in one way or another ;)

^Haha that's something you do to the Airforce recruiter, not the Marines recruiter.

I actually called them just now..no one answered.. I feel kinda bad for flaking on him though..He reserved a spot in his schedule to talk to me.
But I'll try to go to Europe, I still have to save up a lot of money though. It's something I really want to do though...ugh =/
Also..excuses don't work with Marine recruiters. My friend just joined, and he told them his aunt died (Which was true) and that he had to go to her funeral to avoid going to one of the Physical Training meetings (The funeral had already happened). So the recruiter then told my friend he would pick him up from the funeral, after it was done haha...I don't know what happened after that, I'm sure it wasn't good though..

^Haha that's something you do to the Airforce recruiter, not the Marines recruiter.

I actually called them just now..no one answered.. I feel kinda bad for flaking on him though..He reserved a spot in his schedule to talk to me.
But I'll try to go to Europe, I still have to save up a lot of money though. It's something I really want to do though...ugh =/
Also..excuses don't work with Marine recruiters. My friend just joined, and he told them his aunt died (Which was true) and that he had to go to her funeral to avoid going to one of the Physical Training meetings (The funeral had already happened). So the recruiter then told my friend he would pick him up from the funeral, after it was done haha...I don't know what happened after that, I'm sure it wasn't good though..

do not get mistaken, if you are fit and motivated ... they want you!! just they would not show you.

but you have the good cards here ... you can join the marine corps now.... or later. if you meet their standards, they will accept a delay.

Yeah..He asked me a bunch of questions the other night, and I was able to give the perfect answer without lying..
I have no tattoos, kids, I've never done drugs, I've never broken any bones, I'm not on any medications, I've never had any health problems, I'm 6 foot tall, and I weigh 135 pounds...

=/

Yeah..He asked me a bunch of questions the other night, and I was able to give the perfect answer without lying..
I have no tattoos, kids, I've never done drugs, I've never broken any bones, I'm not on any medications, I've never had any health problems, I'm 6 foot tall, and I weigh 135 pounds...

=/

just tell them they will get you, but slightly delayed.

of course he will try to push you .. but he is not your drill instructor :p

Yeah, I think I will do that..But it may be up to six months till I get back to California...

what are 6 months away from California ... I am away from California for 438 months now... ok, with one very short intermission in 2007 ;)

Still I feeling well ;)

Well I am ready to leave California for a long time..I still like it here, but I want to see new places..It may be up to 6 months though untill I can join the Marines because I have to save money still, and then go to Europe..And I don't know how long I will stay in Europe. (Whenever my money runs out haha)

Well I am ready to leave California for a long time..I still like it here, but I want to see new places..It may be up to 6 months though untill I can join the Marines because I have to save money still, and then go to Europe..And I don't know how long I will stay in Europe. (Whenever my money runs out haha)

Well, if you are fit enough for the marines, you can always stock up your money in Europe as a stripper ;)

HAHA.
Is it normal to become a MALE stripper in Europe?? Maybe I don't want to go there afterall hahaha

HAHA.
Is it normal to become a MALE stripper in Europe?? Maybe I don't want to go there afterall hahaha

Well, I have never done it.. but Californians are known to be prone to it and follow the call of money and female adoration :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back