So I'm supposed to go to the USMC recruiters today

I like to pick the females that I let see me naked lol

nudism is quite popular in Europe you know. No age limits, no gender limits. there you do not have any choice. And after all we are all born naked ;)

but ok, it is not forced upon strangers ... so do not worry ;)

Well that's good. Can't wait to go (If I ever get there)

it is not a question of money, but a question of if you are brave enough to decide to do it :)

I've never broken any bones,

=/
Don't worry, they will be obliged to help you with that, I think in POW training they break bones and stuff.

I am brave enough to go to Europe hahah. And the guy said today I could sign up now, and not go untill Janurary..But then, what's the real point in that, if I could just sign up right before Janurary?
C677T, I'm not sure if I will go through POW training..I think that is only for the Recon troops...I took a practice test today, and I apparently scored high enough for them to offer me any job in the Marines (Can any Marines that see this confirm that? I scored a 64)..Which means I could maybe be a combat camera guy :D

what you could do to is go to college first and then join the marines, that way you could start of as an officer.

Haha even with out the POW training the Marines will be happy to break your bones I htink.

you have not had a hard sell until you have had a recruiter chasing you. The Marines can wait, they will still be there. this is the time to see Europe. You have no kids, no obligations, do it now. Seriously, these guys will chase you like a used car salesman on the last day of the month. Just tell him you will call him when you are ready, and until then to cross you off his list. He will STILL call you, I promise you that, but at least you can know you said no.

The story about picking up your friend at the funeral is classic recruiter behavior. They are desperate to fill their quotas and will say and do anything it takes (like telling me I would bring home $2000 a month out of bootcamp) to get you to sign up.

Go see Europe. Take lots of pictures. Take the chance while you still can.

Thank you, for your input.
I just found out today a friend of mine joined also. So that makes two friends, and my brother who are all joining..So much pressure!! I guess you guys are right though, I should go to Europe first..It's just so hard having everyone asking me "So where are you in the process?" and me having to answer "I'm not going in yet..."

They will promise you anything. They will tell you anything to get you to join. They will promise you whatever job you want. They will lie to get you to join.

Go have a good time. Life is short.

They will promise you anything. They will tell you anything to get you to join. They will promise you whatever job you want. They will lie to get you to join.

:thumbup:

You should've just ignored their calls, like I did. :wink:

Haha. This whole situation sounds familiar. I also was interested in joining the Canadian armed forces. I applied online but the claim only stays open for 60 days to allow me to go down in person and sign my name to get the ball rolling. After 60 days they close my file. And they called me on tuesday to remind me that i still have to come down before the 60 days is up, but thats also the same day BMW called for a second interview!

Yeah, well my mom answered the phone and told them I was home..I don't know why she had to do that..

My dad did that once.

The recruiter said his name and who he was with... then I hung up.

Well this is my brother's and my friend's recruiter..I don't know, I just don't like hanging up on people..

Just before I was getting ready to graduate college I called a naval recruter and asked few questions. Durring our conversation one of the questions I asked was

"Will I have to go through basic training".

His exact words were "No...because I would have a college degree"

Then I asked "Well...How will I learn Basic military proceduress and regulations"

His Responce "Dont worry about that...you will learn all that stuff along the way"

I said to him thank you but no thank you and hung up. If he was willing to lie about something like that what else had he lied to me about.

This is not to say that all recruters are liers but they have been known to embelish the truth sometimes.

Most reactions

Back