So I'm talking to this guy...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And he's trying to convince me that I'm a sell out because I like my job for the money.

Now, the clearest definition he could give me of "sell out" in the instance was that I was sacraficing my happiness just for the sake of money.

My arguement was that of coarse I am. You don't get anywhere in live if you can't sacrifice to get what you want. Right now, I'm sacrificing my overall happiness to make enough money to pay for the things I want (Travel, camera equipment, photography business costs).

Am I alone here? It's not like I HATE my job. It's easy as hell, I make a lot of money, and the people at work are really cool and entertaining for the most part?

Is he just trying to convince himself that he's doing the right thing by quitting? Or trying to make me feel like **** for not quitting. I wanted to punch him in the face when he tried to call me a sell out yesterday. I believe his words were "You're basically a prostitute". As if that's a great comparison? Idiot.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that most people don't like to go to work everyday...and they are just doing it for the money...why else would people work?

Ideally, we would all like to love what we do for a living...some of us do...but that's just not a reality for a lot of people.

On the flip side, i can tell you, im in my 4th year of being my own boss... great huh....do whatever you want... work when you want, so life's great right?!!........ wrong..... i often find myself thinking, why dont i just get a decent paid job, with minimal responsibility and a nice wage pack at the the end of the week.... i mean sure i'm doing a job i like..... but i haven't got enough MONEY!!...... i'v never got enough money..... for anything really... plus your under more pressure, in constant uncertainty of the future and a bunch of other crap..... so you can tell your work buddy... the grass is not greener on the other side... in fact its the same ol grass, just a different colour. :mrgreen:

MommyOf4Boys said:
what is a rocket surgeon?
He's the guy that puts the rockets back together after the dorky scientist screws everything up :mrgreen:

But I've got to agree that we all work for money! If being a sell out means driving a nice truck, owning a house, going out of town every weekend and doing what I want to do with the money I made, then yep...you'll prolly find me on a corner too bace ;)

We might be 'prostitutes' but he's nothing more than a Jon...he'll never be a pimp!

Hmm...welll...some people say "it doesn't take a rocket scientist to..." and some say "It doesn't take a brain surgeon to..."..

..so my guess is he just merged the sayings! :lol:

core_17 said:
Hmm...welll...some people say "it doesn't take a rocket scientist to..." and some say "It doesn't take a brain surgeon to..."..

..so my guess is he just merged the sayings! :lol:

Ding, Ding :D

It also used to be on a Don Cherry commercial, but it's been around for a long time.

If you think it's spam don't quote it, just makes my job harder! :biglaugh:

You guys are good, though. Nice catch. :thumbup:

terri said:
If you think it's spam don't quote it, just makes my job harder! :biglaugh:

You guys are good, though. Nice catch. :thumbup:
spam? :hertz:

does this look like spam to you? :lol:

My father's run his own business for decades. He always told me that the worst day working for yourself is better than the best day working for someone else.

It's very hard to make money going out on your own, as a single person, starting a business. You lack funds, time, and most importantly, manpower. When i was running my company, there were enough available clients that I could have taken on more work, but I literally wouldn't have been able to sleep if I wanted to get it all done. It often seemed that there weren't enough hours in the day just for the work that I was supposed to be doing, let alone anything else. Partnering up with someone can really help. I think that a stable profit-sharing relationship with other people can really make the workload much more manageable. For example, instead of shelling out a ton of money for someone to build you a ritzy website, try hook up with a freelance web designer who will build and maintain the site for free in exchange for a percentage of profits generated by the website. Otherwise, up your overhead charges and outsource what work you can to someone nearby that you trust.

Most reactions

Back