So it occurs to me...

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a non-internet life. I've posted 750 times on here in 8 weeks.. And its 3:30 a.m., and I'm on a message board instead of in bed where I belong (I have to work tomorrow)! All of my friends have moved away to other places, and so I really don't even hang out with anyone in my spare time. This is my people interaction, and that's kind of sad.

Yikes. Maybe I should go back to school or something, cause I have way too much time on my hands. All I know is I read Antartican's signature, and its really got me inspired/bummed out.

DAMN YOU MARK TWAIN!

I'm not sure exactly what you do for a living, but you work at a marina or something - right? Could be worse, at least you get to talk to people at work.

In my line of work (aviation - structures mechanic) talking to people is generally frowned upon (talking = f***ing off). You spend the whole day stuck in some little hole, alone, listening to your mp3 player. When you get home from work, there's nothing to do and no one to talk to because it's 3 in the morning. You don't have time to do much in the morning before you go in (I can't go to bed right when I get home, I need a few hours to wind down - then I sleep in late because I stayed up late...), so the weekend is pretty much the only time you have to do anything.

If you give it long enough, it will turn you into a sociopath.

Sorry for the little rant...

But yeah - you should do something. Go to school, make new friends, get another hobby, just find something to fill the time and interact with people.

I'm not sure exactly what you do for a living, but you work at a marina or something - right? Could be worse, at least you get to talk to people at work.

In my line of work (aviation - structures mechanic) talking to people is generally frowned upon (talking = f***ing off). You spend the whole day stuck in some little hole, alone, listening to your mp3 player. When you get home from work, there's nothing to do and no one to talk to because it's 3 in the morning. You don't have time to do much in the morning before you go in (I can't go to bed right when I get home, I need a few hours to wind down - then I sleep in late because I stayed up late...), so the weekend is pretty much the only time you have to do anything.

If you give it long enough, it will turn you into a sociopath.

Sorry for the little rant...

But yeah - you should do something. Go to school, make new friends, get another hobby, just find something to fill the time and interact with people.

Could be worse.....Could be alone with nothing but the clicking of a mouse for eight hours.

I've posted 750 times on here in 8 weeks.. And its 3:30 a.m.

Still much to learn you have young Hound
When 1000 posts you reach in less time begin to understand will you the way of the forumite
(and then that is only one forum - yes I do have too much free time - plus equipment envy so not shooting much at the moment either - that changes soon though - oh so soon)

Never try to discuss the topic of "true forum life" with me ... :roll:
I know nothing about it. :greenpbl:

I've posted 750 times on here in 8 weeks..

We all feel sorry for you...
Go out and take some photographs...
You might meet other people..
Jedo

I spend a LOT of time around the comp lately. Well I have for some years now, but specifically my forum activity has increased over the last year or so.
Personally, I dgf... :D
I still have my beautiful girl a couple times a month, and some good drinking buddies in between.
Oh crap. I just realized that kind of sucks...

ah, this is a common problem. Most people have some phases in their lives where this happens. currently all my friends are scattered all over this planet. My last friend left my area around christmas, so now there is nobody left except one girl I go running with occasionally.

But normally, as there is a way into a situation like this, there is also a way out of it again :) Just recently I was way too busy to really work on this.

I would advise you to try to find people into photography locally. meet up, ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back