so like, hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not a personal attack, just an observation, because he has attacked me on several accounts. Also while that book is fine, I would rather learn from experience and build my own style. I considered photography art, it is fine if you consider it a math test.

Feel free to recreate the wheel and make a bunch of mediocre photographs in the meantime.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there is craft and technique in making good photographs. You are going to have to learn it one way of the other, whether through blind trial and error or through study and informed practice. Your choice but one path is much more efficient than the other and the new photographer that is seeing improvment is much more likely to stick with it than the one who continues to make crap and can't figure out why.

You can call your crap "art" but the rest of the world will see it for what it is.

Bitter here is one of those rule oriented people and you will see him make fun of other people while you are here. He is a prime example of an idiot.

There are rules for grammar and puctuation. When not used, a writer often looks like an idiot.

By the way, could you post some examples where I go on about strict enforcement of "the rules?"
I am however a firm believer that you need to know the rules, and understand them, before you can successfully break them or know when not to use them. After all, if you don't understand how something works, you will never be able to fix it.

haha wow @ Live_free. I think he needs a hug :hug::

By the way, could you post some examples where I go on about strict enforcement of "the rules?"

In the last few days live free has referred 2 different posters to an online tutorial on the rules of composition but YOU are the stickler for the rulz. Now I'm confused.

Just so we're clear on this, the only rules around here are to be found on the FAQ page - let's play nice and no name calling. Thank you for listening. ;)

OK, this thread goes back on topic now, or it gets shut down. You will not use the forum to start picking holes and pointing out perceived faults in other members. If you have a problem, use the Report Post icon...
report.gif

Should someone start a new thread about "Rules, are they important?", instead of sidejacking this one?

Live Free said "Let me be the first to say that the military are a bunch of puppets doing there masters bidding..:)"

I'm sorry I didn't see this the first time, but I'll say it now. You are a ***** and I guarantee you wouldn't say that to a serviceman or woman's face. Many better men and women have died for your right to say stupid **** like this.

I know I just broke forum rule #1 but I'll accept my punishment.

I guess you guys got your wish.

Just curious though, as to why no one is bothering to report posts like the one referred to above (I don't recall seeing one). If it gets reported, it will get dealt with.

Edit: I guess it did get reported and locked too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back