So many options, help me choose?

...and my current favourite 85mm f/1.8
scrappy, you, know why you like the 85?
probably why many of us do; it is the same focal length as the human eye!
folks get confused because obviously, it is nowhere near the field of view which, for one eye, is almost as wide as a 20mm.
imagine the glass and monster curved sensor that would take to mimic!

if anyone doubts that the 85mm full frame=your eye, put it to one eye and open the other; everything will look like normal stereo vision. i drove a car this way to prove the point (or at least scared him into submission!)

this is why i was drooling in anticipation over the new sigma ART 85, hoping for it ever since i sold my nikkor 85 (seller's remorse) for the excellent 70-200 which i will probably sell as I can't keep them all.
see how natural this perspective looks? i shot many portraits with my 85 and people can immediately relate. BGD_7020_00002 ,
today's style

Last edited:
The Olympus, sorry.

if anyone doubts that the 85mm full frame=your eye, put it to one eye and open the other; everything will look like normal stereo vision. i drove a car this way to prove the point (or at least scared him into submission!)

Decades ago, I read in a photography magazine that most painted landscapes are formatted as though taken with a 100mm lens.

For what you are wanting, the Sony A6000 is a great choice. Also, with the proper adapter, you can use your Canon lenses with full AF and EV functions. I'm considering getting a Canon adapter for mine just so I can buy some of the better Canon lenses and use with it. Also, the video is great.

...and my current favourite 85mm f/1.8
scrappy, you, know why you like the 85?
probably why many of us do; it is the same focal length as the human eye!
folks get confused because obviously, it is nowhere near the field of view which, for one eye, is almost as wide as a 20mm.
imagine the glass and monster curved sensor that would take to mimic!

this is why i was drooling in anticipation over the new sigma ART 85, hoping for it ever since i sold my nikkor 85 (seller's remorse) for the excellent 70-200 which i will probably sell as I can't keep them all.
see how natural this perspective looks? i shot many portraits with my 85 and people can immediately relate. BGD_7020_00002 ,
today's style

Sorry, the focal of human eye is 49 mm (normal view) and 102 mm for reading.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back