So much for the "No Pros use Sony" argument :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post images to this gallery. I do have a flickr with about 400 images currently uploaded. I also have about that many slides in storage, and probably twice as many negatives. I know it's not a huge catalog, but I'm not going on like Don Juan Photographer, either,

I notice that you did not include a link. Reluctant to show them here, eh? The glass house saying comes to mind.

How about you two make up and agree to just both post pictures now :)

7 pages of chatter is far too many for a photography forum - we need some photo therapy now

skieur - Nearly everything i've posted there in the last couple years has been posted here.

Flickr: ion_nine's Photostream

But if you comment on anything, I will delete it. Not because I can't take criticism, but rather because I don't respect yours.

skieur - Nearly everything i've posted there in the last couple years has been posted here.

Flickr: ion_nine's Photostream

But if you comment on anything, I will delete it. Not because I can't take criticism, but rather because I don't respect yours.

Boy, what a surprise.:wink: You can't take criticism and you don't have the photographic background to understand it and or reply to it. :wink: Well, at least you are admitting to it and the fact that you are afraid of criticism.

skieur

Well, there were a lot of photos with quite a range in quality and artistic expression. I would say that the black and whites were the weakest, without visual impact, without a strong centre of interest, and without the tonal range that is part of excellent black and white images. The colour work was much better but still based on texture, colour and pattern which has limited visual impact without a really strong centre of interest with obvious visual impact.

What I did not see, was natural scenics, architecture, transportation, well exposed portraits, pets, sunsets, street photography, macro photography, sports,...examples of all or most of which are in my gallery or elsewhere in my postings.

And yet you are criticising me! I find that rather amusing.:wink:

skieur

I went to the seashore this week, and there were a LOT of photography enthusiasts there!!!! I actually saw a woman with what she called, "Her new baby!"...and it was....a Sony!!! I saw Nikon D800, Nikon D300, Canon 5D, 5D-II, Canon 60D, Canon 1D II-n, and Mamiya AFD 645 shooting film, and--a mid-level Sony. The weather was exceptionally beautiful for late December (the 30th), and there were TONS of people shooting pics. The most popular phone was...the iPhone. Which was also the MOST-popular camera. I volunteered to take pics for multiple groups...every single person handed me his or her...iPhone 4, 4s, or 5...not one ANdroid, not one non-iPhone...one lady handed me a tiny red Nikon CoolPix, another 20-something lady handed me a Nikon CoolPix 7000. Compact cameras were almost non-existant.

About the same here. The only place to find several Sony cams is at the Mall. And, at that Sony store at the mall, its empty other than a few bored employees. But the Apple store.........can't walk through it. I'll take a iPhone pic of the two places next time I'm at the mall
bigthumb.gif

I went to the seashore this week, and there were a LOT of photography enthusiasts there!!!! I actually saw a woman with what she called, "Her new baby!"...and it was....a Sony!!! I saw Nikon D800, Nikon D300, Canon 5D, 5D-II, Canon 60D, Canon 1D II-n, and Mamiya AFD 645 shooting film, and--a mid-level Sony. The weather was exceptionally beautiful for late December (the 30th), and there were TONS of people shooting pics. The most popular phone was...the iPhone. Which was also the MOST-popular camera. I volunteered to take pics for multiple groups...every single person handed me his or her...iPhone 4, 4s, or 5...not one ANdroid, not one non-iPhone...one lady handed me a tiny red Nikon CoolPix, another 20-something lady handed me a Nikon CoolPix 7000. Compact cameras were almost non-existant.

About the same here. The only place to find several Sony cams is at the Mall. And, at that Sony store at the mall, its empty other than a few bored employees. But the Apple store.........can't walk through it. I'll take a iPhone pic of the two places next time I'm at the mall
bigthumb.gif

I'd swear I saw some at Best Buy... but I could be wrong...

limited visual impact without a really strong centre of interest with obvious visual impact.

That's nice, skieur, but unfortunately I don't respect your opinion. For what it's worth though, a lack of central interest is thematically central to my intent (that's like what an artist is interested in and intends to convey, in case you didn't already know). I realize that it's a hard concept to swallow after all you've learned from Tippy the Turtle. You must be really confused right now and thinking "Why would anyone intentionally experiment with composition?". Don't worry. You're incapable of understanding and never will. So don't bother trying.

Last edited:
Next time I have a party that's running on wayyyyy too long, I'm gonna call both of you guys up and insist that you both come over to help shut it down, instantly. You skieur and you unpopular, ought to be able to clear the place out within minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back