so then

My best suggestion would be to try a couple different developers. Each one with have its quirks and strengths. Then when you find one that gives you what your looking for stick with it as your main developer. If your using Kodak film try D76 or Tmax dev. Most are really good developers, If your using Illford or Agfa film i have heard that other devs will give better results. I wanna try the Diafine Dev. myself.

Thanks for the help.
I don't think I'll play with different developers yet. I will at some point I'm sure, not just yet though.
Delivery at one of those sites is £6 for anything under £100 and nothing for orders over £100. So that's not a big issue. You do need to spend £25 to place an order though.

Thanks for the link Matt. But they're all the way over there, and I'm all the way over here. :mrgreen:

The Photographer's Formulary is also supposed to be THE place to get chemicals needed for various alternative processes. I am SO in need of that catalog. :drool:

bwahahaha!!!! Catalog now on its way....

Thanks for that info about the Photographer's Formulary! I've heard lots of cool things about those guys (and gals too) Just ordered my catalog as well :)
are at this point :) I like to use Rodinal and Edwal FG7 (with sodium sulfite)
As for developers ferny, I do'nt know if you even c

Zach :D

geez, thats weird! Didn't mean for the rest of my post to be cut off...

What was meant to say was...

I don't even know if you care to know, but I like to stick with Rodinal and Edwals FG7 (with sodium sulfite) for my developers and Ilford Fixer . I primarily shoot Ilford HP5+ and FG7 is awesome with that film :)

ferny said:
I know. It's terri

bwahahaha!!! I WAS going to say Hey!! Don't blame ME! till I read your next post. :lol:

I use Ilford fixer, too, since it has no hardener and it's so easy to mix.

I just noticed that one of my reels has a ball bearing missing. Whill that make any real difference to it? It still has one, just not two.

mmmm, my answer is: I don't know. Maybe not, if you already have a good technique. But if you have other reels to choose from, I'd stick with them.

I've got three. One has a ball missing, the others are fine. Not all reels have these balls do they? :scratch:
It'd be rare for me to want to develop three 35mm films at the same time I suspect anyway. :)

Yeah, I rarely shoot and process more than one roll at a time. I only have a one roll paterson tank anyway (as far as plastic is concerned). I do have 2 roll and 4 roll stainless steel tanks though. I can't operate those oldfangled devices -_-

When I used plastic reels, one of mine didn't have both ball bearings and it seemed to work ok. It wasn't as fast as the others but it still did its job :)

Sbalsama, If you really like the stainless tanks you could always get a Hewes 35mm reel. They are BY FAR the easiest reels to load in my experience. They use two little tabs that grab the sprocket holes to help get the film started right! They're GREAT!

Most reactions

Back