So this just happened

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was outside behind my house taking some pictures and mind you I'm about 400 feet off the road. I have a long drive way and my front yard is huge and there are trees everywhere.

So I'm concentrating take photos of some wild flowers and I hear a "hello!" and it was some guy standing behind me. He was asking for donations for an environmental group.

It scared the crap out of me. I don't care who you are, unless you're a friend or family, you just don't walk across someone's yard and into their backyard behind the house and walk up behind someone and then ask for donations.

I mean wow...talk about heart skipping a few beats. My goodness people.

That's not funny but it is! lol Can't even stand in your own back yard without somebody interrupting your picture taking, can ya?? Geez that was rather presumptuous to just come on into your back yard.

I was outside behind my house taking some pictures and mind you I'm about 400 feet off the road. I have a long drive way and my front yard is huge and there are trees everywhere.

Should have built further off the road! LOL Our driveway is about 2800 feet long, with a couple switchbacks as it comes up the mountain. Has a way of discouraging people from making unwanted visits.

Yikes. I hope you raised your camera and fired off a few shots! One intrusive act deserves another.

He was asking for donations for an environmental group.
Do you believe him? I probably would suspect he is a burglar who had a "backup story" in case he was discovered. Did he offer you a printed handout? Business card? His name and company?

He was asking for donations for an environmental group.
Do you believe him? I probably would suspect he is a burglar who had a "backup story" in case he was discovered. Did he offer you a printed handout? Business card? His name and company?

Yeah, it was all legit.

After a neighbors house was broken into, by thieves that came through our woods, we had the alarm company install cameras at strategic locations around our house and buildings. The alarm company put a sign just off the road, I put one of these half way up. So far so good LOL

IfYouCanReadThis.png

I have security cameras as well. I know he didn't mean harm, it's just, you don't approach a person on their property like that.

This is what you need right now.

You know. You're a douche.
And to quote part of your original post. "It scared the crap out of me." :lol:

I think if that had happened to me it would have been the cops made sure the guy was legit. But then if it happened to me he would have had to enter into a fenced in back yard.

I think if that had happened to me it would have been the cops made sure the guy was legit. But then if it happened to me he would have had to enter into a fenced in back yard.

Oh my bad. I apologize. I thought they were diapers! Haha
No problem, tightie whities are old fashion these days. Even to an old fart like me.

Oh my bad. I apologize. I thought they were diapers! Haha
No problem, tightie whities are old fashion these days. Even to an old fart like me.

Last time I wore them, I was a child! I'm a proud boxer brief user! Haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back