So, We Came to Florida for Spring Break, Why?

bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken 3/29/15 on Panama City Beach, FL
Ah,-Spring-Break.jpg

I agree....this has really been a messed up year....too cold.....I like your image.....

Was it REALLY that cold at PCB, or were these people from Jamaica or something?
Should have gone further south, because I know that the St. Pete area was still t-shirt weather this weekend.

When I was on the Atlantic Coast side this past winter (between Christmas and New Year's), I went to Canaveral Seashores. It was kind of cold, extremely windy, and dark & gloomy with big storm clouds moving in. Too cold for me, but I did decide to walk over the boardwalks to the beach, just long enough to see if there were any good shorebirds. I saw these three women, sitting in beach chairs, trying to keep their huge beach umbrella as close to them as possible to guard against the wind. I said "not exactly a great beach day, huh?" And they said, "We're here from Ohio. Considering what it's like THERE right now, this is just fine!"

It was about 47 degrees when this was taken. We've had an unusually cool to cold winter with temps hitting single digits in Jan and the teens to low 40's (for highs) in much of Feb. Even March has seen real warm to right chilly, yo-yoing between the two extremes. I do beleive this will be the last cold snap, though. Then it will be summer, Spring the one week it was warm :)

From what I've been told by all my Florida friends, the nice weather doesn't really start until yo get down to Tampa.

Most reactions

Back