So what computer go you guys use.

I prefered the pop up tool boxes. I knew where everything was and I didn't have to change ribbons to get to my most used tools. Hopefully, if the new stuff really is like the Windows 7 phone(which I also use), we will be able to reposition the tiles, ribbons, buttons, etc and it will be completely customizable for the user. One can only dream.
This is how it looks now. More of a tab than a ribbon.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3177/screenshot20110718at802.jpg
Ok, yeah, I definitely prefer that. With the Windows version, I have to swich back and forth between tabs to get at those functions. I shouldn't have to pick a different freaking ribbon to change the font size, change the formatting, change the border, and a different one to show the page break preview. Interesting to see that the Mac version is a lot more user friendly than the Windows version. That annoys me to no end. The least they could have done was include a 'classic view' for those of us who don't want to jump through hoops to change a setting. Mac just keeps looking better and better.

I won't switch because of the financial outlay of switching all my software, but it's nice to know Microsoft didn't screw all the users of their software...just the ones who still use Windows. Sheesh.

I prefered the pop up tool boxes. I knew where everything was and I didn't have to change ribbons to get to my most used tools. Hopefully, if the new stuff really is like the Windows 7 phone(which I also use), we will be able to reposition the tiles, ribbons, buttons, etc and it will be completely customizable for the user. One can only dream.
This is how it looks now. More of a tab than a ribbon.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3177/screenshot20110718at802.jpg
Ok, yeah, I definitely prefer that. With the Windows version, I have to swich back and forth between tabs to get at those functions. I shouldn't have to pick a different freaking ribbon to change the font size, change the formatting, change the border, and a different one to show the page break preview. Interesting to see that the Mac version is a lot more user friendly than the Windows version. That annoys me to no end. The least they could have done was include a 'classic view' for those of us who don't want to jump through hoops to change a setting. Mac just keeps looking better and better.

I won't switch because of the financial outlay of switching all my software, but it's nice to know Microsoft didn't screw all the users of their software...just the ones who still use Windows. Sheesh.

Well they did screw the Mac users in their typical fashion. Unless you want to pay for Office 2011 Pro you still get Exchange instead of Outlook. It's pretty much Outlook light, but is missing some of the features including some exchange features and of course they don't offer it as a standalone. But for home use it is fine.

I loved this line of yours: "I miss Windows XP and Office 2003. Heck, sometimes I miss dosshell."

Dosshell/command prompt to the newer generation is pretty much the computer version of "I used to walk to school 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways."

I go back further than that. I still have my final Fortran project from college. 4 shoe boxes full of punch cards. That was programing.

Missed out on the punch card days...a bit before my time, but I still remember 'saving' my first tic-tac-toe program on a magnetic cassette tape.

To this day there was nothing to me like playing our version of Star Trek. We thought that was totally cool. In 1975/1976 it was totally cool. Now it is completely ancient. That was when computers and programing were still in their wonder years.

Most reactions

Back