So, what gifts are you giving to your friends or family?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wrapped two 11x17 pictures with gator foamboard and gator mount blocks. One for my sister is a photo from the fashion show, and another for her boyfriend is a photo of a motorcycle in panning motion. Third photo is slightly smaller for my cousin with gator foams, and a panning shot of a formula racing.

I am getting my son a whole bunch of cool toys but I am extra stoked on this:

My wife gets nothing but the pleasure of my company for a whole year. Which is priceless.

I will probably load up a couple of flash drives with some edited photos to give my two daughters-in-law.

That's all I can think of just now. Wifey buys way too much stuff for everybody else.

(edit) I have decided to NOT give out digital files. I will instead get some nice prints made.

Last edited:
Let's see:
neighbors, a calendar and photo of their home.
Second parents-handmade ornaments
Semi good friends: calendar's
Kids grandparents- photo mugs.
Great grandparents:framed photo of their visit this summer.
Good friends- custom fitted, handmade aprons.
The kids are making painted and laminated bookmarks and homemade chapstick's for their friends.

Santa has been asked for roller skates to use In the great room (which will be accompanied with a board to block the stairs), a giant Lego pad and piano/keyboard.
My six year old son wants gituar lessons for the year, and the 3 year old is getting a subscription to a monthly craft/activity box.
Dh and I don't exchange gifts.

That Sums it up I think!

Grand daughter, wife's only. A boat load of stuff.
Wife and Hippy. Nothing. Boat sank.
Actually wife opted for a few hundred dollars to fund a trip to Nashville.
A week with grand. Without oldhippy.

I have received everything I wanted as the year progressed.

I'm not posting anything on this site, lest the folks I know see it.

Rest assured though, it is far better, more thoughtful and more expensive than anything any of you are getting anyone else.

Nobody in my family has any interest in photography, so the family gift this year is a Tamron SP 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD

Wife is getting a ring.... light. For macro. :lol: Son's getting a ton of Thomas stuff.

Most reactions

Back