so what if i....

M

MDowdey

destroyed my damn computer?

has anyone ever thought of getting rid of their computer and "simplifying" there lives?

im seriously contemplating doing this...kinda like a feng shui thing, plus my chi is all screwed up because my karma ran over my dogma...

just trying to really simplify things...any thoughts?

md

You'll need to get rid of the camera, tv and junk food and grow your own organic garden. Is that what you want?

Plus, you entertain me. I can't lose that! Do you want to make me miserable in this way!?

What? You got admin here and now you want to leave?!?

Seriously, do what you've got to do but this seems so drastic! Why not take baby steps, set a limit for how much time you can spend online.

Yeah, I've thought about that too before, Matt. But pretty much all of my friends are online, so then I'd just be a lonely loser (except the bf). But sometimes it is just nice to ignore it and just read a book or talk a walk and get back to simpler times. Maybe you just need a break. Take a week or two off and say, I'm not touching the computer for that time, to reconnect with the other things in life. Then maybe you can come back with a fresh perspective.

You have our support in whatever you do. But of course we would miss you terribly. :hug:

aww i love you guys....im just frustrated that i cant make this damn thing work, plus i have the patience of a 2 year old.

ill check up on yall at my work, but at home might be a different story...maybe i can be the spokesperson for dell....

"dude, your going to hell...i mean getting a dell"

md

So what's the problem with your 'puter Matt?
It's obviously working to some degree because you're posting.
Come on now, tell us all your problems and Chase will fix them, right Chase?

i cant access my task manager. everytime i try to install something it gets halfway done then it dissapears, then , when i go to "my computer" my mouse activity becomes real stop and go and everything slows down...

i hate my computer...honestly, if it was a person that could talk back, i would have gone dahmer on it.

md

MDowdey said:
i hate my computer...honestly, if it was a person that could talk back, i would have gone dahmer on it.

md

*Steps away from ya in case I get Dahmer'd * :lol:

And whats this babble about you takin a break from the 'puter' boyo ? How dare you even fantasize about leaving us for a LIFE ! :eek:

Luminosity said:
MDowdey said:

md

*Steps away from ya in case I get Dahmer'd * :lol:

And whats this babble about you takin a break from the 'puter' boyo ? How dare you even fantasize about leaving us for a LIFE ! :eek:

well theres is a large handful of people here that i could never leave for too long...im just so fed up my brain hurts.

md

MDowdey said:
i cant access my task manager. everytime i try to install something it gets halfway done then it dissapears, then , when i go to "my computer" my mouse activity becomes real stop and go and everything slows down...
md

So why don't you have simple problems?
I assume you've done a complete virus scan (you do keep your virus definitions updated?) and a re-boot and it's still the same huh?
It sounds as though there's some program running in the background but it could be just about anything.
Any other clues as to what's happening?

Format. When in doubt, always backup and format. You can try and diagnose forever, maybe you iwill find the problem, maybe not. After awhile Winblows based machines just get unstable. They start doing weird things. You can try to control it, but trying to control an inherently flawed piece of software is borderline ridiculous. I always keep a ghost image of a fresh install. I save all my important stuff to a stroage drive, then if my Winblows goes tits up i ust ghost, and 7 minutes later i am online and ready to roll.

Most reactions

Back