So whats your diet like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by vonnagy, Feb 13, 2004.

?

So whats you diet normally like?

1. Mainly Well Balanced (the "middle ground option")

26.3%
  2. Mainly Vegetarian/Vegan

5.3%
  3. Mostly Cattle, Poultry and Swine (ie meat)

36.8%
  4. Mostly Junkfood/Processed/Unidentifiable Ingredients

26.3%
  5. I don't eat at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't see an option I like here

5.3%
  1. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Food seems to be a hot topic in the off topic area, so i am just curious what everyone's diet is like.

Mine is mostly cattle, poultry and fish. Can't help it, i tried being vegan during my uni days because of the girlfriend, but that made me sick. Oh the things you would do for lust.. er love i mean.

I've tried to eat pretty balanced meals, but i noticed that I always felt healthier eating a diet of primarly meats, i am beginning think it could be a genetic predispostion.

Its not that i won't eat me veggies, i just don't like them all the time like the 'well balanced diet pyramids' you see at school or at the doc's office. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks those are rigged by corporate farmers and the such :D

2. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I eat in a school cafeteria, i think my only choice is the unidentifialbe stuff one

3. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Kinda balanced. I sure enjoy meat more than the fillers I must say. Usually don't eat enough vegetables. I do need to eat better, my digestive tract is begging me

4. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Who has time to eat?

Im very bad at the moment. My work day doesnt give me a lot of time for eating. I think 4 days this week including today I havent eaten till about 530pm.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

And then its mainly fruit, bread, salad and some kind of meat for dinner or pasta.
    i am a chocoholic and eat it maybe once a week. I also am addicted to Diet Coke. :oops:

5. wwjoeld

wwjoeld TPF Noob!

I feel bad...... I have gained 15 pounds since rugby ended last season.

:oops:

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Manda! You must be SKINNY, SKINNY, SKINNY!
    I'd DIE on a diet like yours!

But with age I had put on too much so decided to work on it and have actively switched a lever in my head that has led me back to the more balanced diets, lots of salads, fruit, veggies - and hey! It's easy for me, I like them.

Which does not mean that I don't like a nice piece of meat (or fish, yumm! FISH!) go with my dinner.

In Germany, by the way, the cooked meal traditionally is eaten at noon, so we only have a very light supper before we go to bed, which I think is good.

7. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Im far from skinny LAFoto
    My arse rivals J Los for size(not perkiness) and it wouldnt matter if i never ate again, I shall never be a skinny girl.

I have a terrible diet. I ate chocolate before. :oops:

The German way is ideal!

8. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

before i met the hubby, i ate grilled chicken about 6 days a week :D no sides, just chicken.

but the hubby is a "beef eater" :lol: and we have it now about 3 days a week and chicken on the other days ... he also loves pasta dishes (i like to buy the whole wheat pasta .. it took him a while to get used to it)

i've always eaten beef, usually about once a month .. it just doesn't taste so good :? .... chicken rules!!!! :headbang:

oh manda, i love diet coke as well :D ... the hubby likes to buy this orange soda :roll:

eating healthy has never been my concern .. eating low-fat, low carb, high protein and staying slim is my only concern :p

9. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If I'm not cooking a *real meal* that is going to be complemented by a good wine, I don't really care if I eat. It's not unusual for me to just snack through the evening on dry cereal out of a cup, then have some raisins or something and call it good. My hubby thinks I'm a freak, but I just don't feel hungry very often. :shock:

But I love everything: red meat, chicken, fish, pasta, most veggies and tons of salad. yum! I like growing my own tomatoes and herbs during the summer - it's the best!

Oh, and I can't really even remember the last time I had a coke, 7-Up or anything like that. I carry bottled water everywhere, love my coffee and wine, and juice sometimes. :D

10. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love beverages. I drink my share of coke, water, coffee, milk, masala chai, green tea.

If anyone here likes chai but has only had the stuff you get from the store or from starbucks I will post my recipe.

11. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Please do, voodoo! I love chai...

I really need two voting options, because I am a vegetarian, but I eat a lot of junk food. :? :( I think I've gained like 10 pounds in the last two months, I really gotta get moving...

12. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

I cook for myself mostly but it all revolves around which meat is on sale...I'm so cheap!