snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
........... buy a trigger for my camera, 5D3, and put my 430EX-II speedlight on top of my tripod?! Use this as a cheap, one-light setup to learn the basics? Would this be an acceptable, short-term alternative to purchasing a more expensive setup to learn on? I can see how I do on hand-held shooting with the 50 1.4 or 24-70 II, but I also have the 70-200 II with IS if I just can't cut it hand-held (a little old and shaky). Or, is this setup nowhere near enough light for OCF minimum requirements?

oh... gear lust struck again ;)

you're interesting young fellow and you make me smile in the morning ;) thanks!

but but but but...... could you please stop buying some more stuff and go shooting!!!! (yes I'm yelling at you. somebody needs to tell you the truth!)

please don't get mad at me... I'll buy you..... another..... lens cap ;)

you're interesting young fellow and you make me smile in the morning ;) thanks!

but but but but...... could you please stop buying some more stuff and go shooting!!!! (yes I'm yelling at you. somebody needs to tell you the truth!)

please don't get mad at me... I'll buy you..... another..... lens cap ;)

Shot a few today, but it was very hot.......... 35 degrees Celsius. That's 95 Fahrenheit!! I have decided on a short-term lesson, though. I've got maybe 20-30 different landscapes and a few oddball things, that have not been processed. I am going to concentrate on learning to use Lightroom better over the next 30 days. I am simply going to HAVE to get better at it, if I continue to shoot in this raw format. I have watched 4 different, hour-long, video tutorials over the last 3 days, and I've discovered a lot of helpful tips and tricks and what most of the tools are for and how to create a workflow. It is really coming together in my brain, I think, so now I'm anxious to get started on this challenge. I will practice, use and learn this software on a 2-3 hour a day schedule over the next 30 days. I will much more confident in my abilities after that, I think.

I'm all about Celsius... just saying....

I use cs6 and when I was starting I watched hours and hours of tutorials and courses, about shooting and editing. There's just so many things that can keep you interesting if you truly want to learn.
You'll probably need a break for a bit. give your brain some time to rest.

but... that's the proper attitude :)

we'll be here monitoring you progress

You'll probably need a break for a bit. give your brain some time to rest.

we'll be here monitoring you progress
With snerd, REST means aching to buy another "saving" ideas to make his photography easier...I was talking to his wife about....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

$10 thriftshop tripods are great. They usually are cheap ones missing the quick connect but thave the hand crank to raise the head- that's OK because the heads are not worth using anyway. You just unscrew the head from the tripod and trash it and you are left with a 1/4 x 20 stud on which you screw a coupling nut (Shop The Hillman Group 2-Count 1/4-in - 20 Zinc-Plated Standard (SAE) Regular Nut at Lowes.com) and attach an umbrella holder (Amazon.com : Interfit Strobies Umbrella Holder with Shoe Adapter : Flash Shoe Mounts : Camera & Photo).

They work OK for seated subjects (if they're not too tall) as a main light, better as a front fill light or kicker and great as background light.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you purchase an inexpensive light kit, you get a couple of light stands with hot shoe adaptors, and four small umbrellas. So get up off your cheap and get to ordering.

Oh, and BTW: DO NOT get a kit that includes cheap lights. Just the stands, adaptors, and umbrellas.

If you purchase an inexpensive light kit, you get a couple of light stands with hot shoe adaptors, and four small umbrellas. So get up off your cheap and get to ordering.

Oh, and BTW: DO NOT get a kit that includes cheap lights. Just the stands, adaptors, and umbrellas.

Oh my! You're "encouraging" me to spend money?! I think I'm finally being accepted here!! :lmao:

I bought my light kits off of eBay ... nice used Lowell stands and wescott umbrellas. Good deals come and go all the time. Of course, you have to wait for approx what you are looking for.

Most reactions

Back