So you want to be a "professional"

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...that means you need to charge something for your services.

How much should you charge for a shoot? Good question. You need to calculate your expenses and get an idea of what it costs you to show up at a shoot before you even fire a single shot.

NPPA: Cost of Doing Business Calculator

Check it out, it will help you figure out how much to charge. Then you're well on your way to being a "professional".

:D

Don't you know you can't say that? Don't be crazy my friend!

Cool link.

According to that it will never be profitable to go pro unless I seriously lower my standard of living.

That's what most people have to do. haha but standard of living isn't only judged by how much money you make right....right?

That's what most people have to do. haha but standard of living isn't only judged by how much money you make right....right?

I'm talking about things like having insurance for me & my kids, and having food in the fridge... Clothes with no holes in them, stuff like that.

Accoring to that link, I'd have to charge $1000 a day just to break even.

EDIT

With ZERO SALARY, my daily overhead cost would be $650 according to that... That's for the same car I have now, same insurance, same bills, etc...

Looks like it's not quite time to quit the day job, lol.

Last edited:
well i threatened intempus earlier, and thought, what the hell. better wave my gay ole flag too. I even made a great pissing contest joke. it was classic.

guys guys.... you all need to chill. you all are shooting with wrong cameras! haha. lols. jk. had to do it.......:lmao:

epp b and bennielou - You guys have to get a Calvin avatar... You're the only ones in this thread without one...

Most reactions

Back