Soccer kid, does this collage work.

Nein-reis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hired to shoot this kids soccer game. Parents wanted something sporty for it, so I built this template. Will print it in 8X10 and frame it.
Thoughts? How does this work???

Gavin.jpg

These shots need some work. In particular, his face is darker than it should be and I would like to see the eyes better in the first shot.

skieur

I would be happy with this if I hired someone to make it.

However as a photographer I am just bothered by whatever is on the first picture and it just seems like it would be a better picture if he was moving towards the camera.

My $0.02.

These shots need some work. In particular, his face is darker than it should be and I would like to see the eyes better in the first shot.

skieur

Really? face darker?... looks fine on my color calibrated monitor. Since these shots were taken at 400mm at noon without a cloud in the sky, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

My monitor is calibrated also and his face is crystal clear.

Fantastic Job!

i am not sure about the first one in the top left, seem to have more of an arty film look that the others, will the parents be Ok with that

My monitor is calibrated also and his face is crystal clear.

Fantastic Job!

Gavin_copy.jpg

Perhaps you can explain how this face is crystal clear and not pixelated in spots. Perhaps you need to magnify it. Don't you see the dark face, the darkness in the area of the eyes and the prominent YELLOW spots.

skieur

1st pic. The parents requested it look like a scratchy old film slide or photo. So the added noise and yellowish spots are what they requested.

I have to agree about the image with the splotches on it. The parents might have requested it that way, but it does take away from the over all appearance. If they want old and scratchy, it should be done to the whole collage and not just one image. I don't find the splotchy look of his name very appealling either. Maybe if that was made to look like muddy foot prints rather than paint dripped across the area, it would fit in better. Cute kid and nice shots. I think you have them cropped to tight in some, but that's just a nit on my part.

If the parents are happy with it, then that is all that matters. But you did ask photographers what we thought, which is often 180 degrees off from what the parents might think. And it can often be just as far off as the person that took the picture thinks.

Mike

Most reactions

Back