Soccer Photo C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by diverdale, Apr 14, 2010.

1. diverdale

diverdale TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi all,
    Newbie here...took this at my daughter's soccer match recently. Let me know what you think. I've done no correction on it..just used the photoFrame plugin for PS....oh...and I did crop it
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dale

2. myfotoguy

myfotoguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Dale- Welcome! :)

Nice action shot! It looks like the focus and exposure are good (on a poor monitor right now), but as far as I can tell, it looks great. Maybe a little on the "soft" side, but you could use some sharpening in Post processing.

If possible, I would use a smaller aperture and longer focal length to narrow the DOF to blur the background a bit more. What were your settings?

The only other comment is to leave more space in front of the player the direction they are going. So, ideally the player would be more to the right in the frame, vs. centered. For action shots 9and many other shots) this gives the subject space to go in the frame (or look into if a staitonary subject).

I'll bet it's fun to go after these shots of your daughter!

3. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Can you recrop it so that your daugther and the ball don't make a prefect cross in the center of the shot?

Your two subjects (the ball and your daughter) are both centered in the shot, the ball horizontally, your daughter vertically. I'm distracted by them being so on center.

4. diverdale

diverdale TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    settings were f/4 1/500 s ISO 200 70mm

Here's the original in jpg format

[​IMG]