Social Networking and Sites to Sell art

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I am just starting out and I was wondering what are the best social networking sites and sites to sell art? Also I started a website of my own: Life s Little Inspirations Photography It's still in the beginning stages, but feel free to check it out(also the links to the other social networking sites work but the sites are not 100% complete) Leave a like or a comment! Thanks!

-PicturePerfectPenguin

did you ever consider simply just learning how to take better pictures?

Oh sorry that got mixed up I meant what are good social networking sites to get connected with other photographers and what are good sites just to sell pictures.

Social networking sites where you can network with other photographers - right here! You're on one right this very moment and its a very good one!

If you want to network locally then I'd suggest see if there is a local camera club to your area; facebook might also have a few local groups and is what most people are using for social networking today (a lot of the other old photo focused social networking sites are not as active as they once were - facebook has sapped a LOT of the volume).

Typically most would advise learning then earning - even if only at a hobby level and not going "serious pro".

Wow that sounded kinda rude, and why yes I did I'm gonna be going to school for photography.

Brain is a long term project in domestication - he's still not fully housebroken as yet.

Oh sorry that got mixed up I meant what are good social networking sites to get connected with other photographers and what are good sites just to sell pictures.

ah..
I think any established social media site will have its share of photographers on it, you just have to look around.
try going to their search area and typing in photographer. FB alone should give you enough results to keep you busy for a month looking through them all.
as far as selling prints, I use smugmug pro to host my wifes website and clients can order prints in any size and medium right from the site. smugmug has several pro labs you can choose from. We have it set up for all orders to go through Bay Photo Lab.

Social networking sites where you can network with other photographers - right here! You're on one right this very moment and its a very good one!

If you want to network locally then I'd suggest see if there is a local camera club to your area; facebook might also have a few local groups and is what most people are using for social networking today (a lot of the other old photo focused social networking sites are not as active as they once were - facebook has sapped a LOT of the volume).

Typically most would advise learning then earning - even if only at a hobby level and not going "serious pro".

Wow that sounded kinda rude, and why yes I did I'm gonna be going to school for photography.

Brain is a long term project in domestication - he's still not fully housebroken as yet.

Thanks, I like that "Learning then earning". I would really like to make photography a career. So far I've joined flickr, facebook, pinterest etc. I am going to look on facebook for some more local photography pages:)

Some people forget that they didn't come out of the womb holding a camera. Everyone has to start somewhere. That said, I wouldn't worry about selling anything just yet. One reason is because the vast majority of images are bought by the people in those images, and since squirrels don't carry wallets... The other is because there are so many people out there trying to sell and some of them are very experienced. The simple fact is, someone new to the craft is doesn't have the skill or experience to compete yet. Keep shooting, and better yet, post here for peer review and critique. Sometimes it might sting a little, but will sure as h**l help you improve!

There's many local, county & state Art Fairs
and local photographer's clubs

Many photography groups on Facebook and the internet (both local and anywhere)
Many Photo selling websites on the internet, and local galleries.

All you have to do is a quick internet/yellow pages search.
We don't know your location at all.

His cats are :)

Last edited:

Some people forget that they didn't come out of the womb holding a camera. Everyone has to start somewhere. That said, I wouldn't worry about selling anything just yet. One reason is because the vast majority of images are bought by the people in those images, and since squirrels don't carry wallets... The other is because there are so many people out there trying to sell and some of them are very experienced. The simple fact is, someone new to the craft is doesn't have the skill or experience to compete yet. Keep shooting, and better yet, post here for peer review and critique. Sometimes it might sting a little, but will sure as h**l help you improve!

I agree with that it takes practice and dedication. Also I want to take pictures of wildlife so hence the squirrels:)

Be careful with that wildlife photography, once you get hooked it gets extremely expensive extremely fast and there isn't any money in it. Do it because you love it or take pictures of people as already mentioned, that whole wallet thing ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back