Sofas

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Ok, this is sad... I bought new furniture today. I've been putting up with a crap hand-me-down green sofa which leaks feathers for the last two years. I've just bought these:

image.php

They'll be delivered next Saturday and I can't wait for a feather free living room!

Ok, I will go away and stop being sad now. :lmao:

Rob

I am extremely jealous. I want new furniture. I am, at this moment, sitting on a lime green floral print sofa from the 70's. Yay.

wow this looks cool :) would you invite me and let me sit there??? :p:p

Very tasteful Robbo, reckon we could get some loungeroom shots once they're delivered and set up? ;)

PlasticSpanner said:
Very 70's Rob! :lol:

My wife bought new furniture a few years ago, & made me sit on a throw on mine! :( Like a scene from "Last of the Summer Wine" :lol:

You can't really use throws on leather - you go to sit down and end up on the floor. That might have been the whisky though....

It's been long overdue.

Corry: It's not floral print, but it's still nasty!

Hertz: I went to DFS, FurnitureLand, Harvey's, Habitat, Land of Leather, Sofa Warehouse, Dreams (who don't do sofas), and sadly Argos. I wanted one from the shop, because I can't wait for 8-10 weeks for my precious sofas!! DFS were pretty much the most expensive! I wanted ones where the cushions came off, cos we've got a young-un living with us, and one that was under £600.

PS: There will be no throws, cushions or doilies (sp?) in my household! :)

Mentos: Yes of course!

XMetal: I'll try, but the room is damn difficult to photograph!

Verbal: Yes!

Puzzle: Been there and done that, but in a towel!

Rob

Rob said:
Hertz: I went to DFS, FurnitureLand, Harvey's, Habitat, Land of Leather, Sofa Warehouse, Dreams (who don't do sofas), and sadly Argos. I wanted one from the shop, because I can't wait for 8-10 weeks for my precious sofas!! DFS were pretty much the most expensive! I wanted ones where the cushions came off, cos we've got a young-un living with us, and one that was under £600.
I did all those - and IKEA too. I chose the ones that I did because they were the most comfortable - and they were leather. They cost £1,000 each (two 3-seater sofas) and I had to wait 2 months for them. Turned out they were made to order in Italy.
And they are worth every penny.

I wanted to spend loads - I went to Heals in London and they had some awesome sofas, but I also wanted to pay cash and just get it over with. I don't need another monthly bill, so the £1,000 sofas will have to wait until I'm rich and famous!

There's nothing wrong with bean bags... until you fall drunkenly into one and split it open. Then you'll be cursing for years afterwards!

Rob

And just what happened there?

**Nothing at all :mrgreen:

Cool.

My cat is evidently better than yours though!

Rob

Possibly better trained.
Why are we conversing in this one post? :lol:

A Leather sofa = Sticky buns in the summer lol... Im not much one for leather knowing that you STICK right to it... Unless youfind a way to put a blanket of some sort down so your not sweating under your legs if you have shorts on.. These are sexy though !!

Rob said:
There's nothing wrong with bean bags... until you fall drunkenly into one and split it open. Then you'll be cursing for years afterwards!
Or the cat throws up on it - or mistakes it for the litter tray :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back