tim.bennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi boys and girls.

Here are some shots i took yesterday. I could really do with any advise. I used natural light from behind Sofia in most cases. and a reflector to light her face.
2560572820_4ce0641bf9.jpg

2560571042_577258aa74.jpg

2559745325_fe0fb7201f.jpg

These have had some adjustments in lightroom curves. But other than that no pp. c and c welcome!

I like the model. But it looks like the spot for your session is not right. Look at her eyes... and... Sun spot on the tip of nose is not good :) I would recommend to use the screens if sun is not avoidable. I like the colors!

I like colours and composition; it's nice to see someone who looks genuninely happy to be photographed. I agree with aliaks; the lighting isn't your friend in this one, however the nose could easily be touched up in post, and perhaps tone down the highlights in her hair (Esp in 1 and 3) a little.

Nice smile for a pretty face in #1, but I like #2 better. Not only less squinting, but also a little better composition, IMO.

Thanks for the feedback all! Much appreciated. Here are some of the others that might work a little better. 4
2560549412_75aa5fafc5.jpg
2559719323_fb87e4dea2.jpg
2559738651_f5bdc95edd.jpg

She was really good and easy to work with. This is the first time i have done anything like this(unless you count my younger sister)
I'll have a go at the highlights in the hair. It was just slighty to bright. Not something we are used to in Dublin.

A tip to help with squinting...have her close her eyes, and open them on the count of three, the moment she opens them, snap the shot.

Wait a second... the sun shines in Ireland? I did not know that!

Seriously, though the photos are great, but the lighting is really harsh. Next time, if you have this gorgeous model available again, go out on a cloudier day, where the sky is your own personal softbox!

Also, some might not like freckles. I would not change anything, though, unless the person the photos are for (you, your customer, or the model) wants them removed. I like them, personally (purr :) )

Also, some might not like freckles. I would not change anything, though, unless the person the photos are for (you, your customer, or the model) wants them removed. I like them, personally (purr :) )

I'll second that! :thumbup:

Thanks SH Yeah i'm working on getting those freckles out. My PP skills are getting some good practice.

I'll probably have access to this model and we can't really expect this weather to last much longer! I'm hoping to do a studio session with her as well.

Wait a second... the sun shines in Ireland? I did not know that!

Seriously, though the photos are great, but the lighting is really harsh. Next time, if you have this gorgeous model available again, go out on a cloudier day, where the sky is your own personal softbox!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back