Soft Daisys(: C&C please!

JoshTrottier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4714901349_139fb52bc5_b.jpg

Some daisys I got yesterday while in Downtown Portland with friends:)
Just softened it up abit, will post the original later today!

I think you have allotted too much empty space on the right hand side of the frame. I'm more of a fan of a lighter, more high-key soft focus effect than this darker, multiply-type screen and blurring effect. The way you've done the soft focus effect in this shot affects the darker, more shadowy area quite a bit, and it also does something that I really dislike, which is turning the whites into a delicate gray color--the opposite way, of applying a new layer, doing a Gaussian blur, and then applying the Screen filter instead of multiply makes the white ares turn **whiter** and lighter, not dark, and is more familiar to me, and I think looks more summery and more "airy"...

In the old days, the way your photo looks would have meant the image had been diffused in the enlarger, while the opposite way would mean that diffusion had been done in the camera... diffusion/soft-focus that affects the shadows is less-pleasing to me than that which affects primarily the highlights.

I see, well I don't have photoshop yet to do layers, currently I'm just using light room.. :/

I see, well I don't have photoshop yet to do layers, currently I'm just using light room.. :/
Regardless of his editing advice, I just think the composition needs work.

While it's a usually called a "common" mistake to put a subject directly in the middle, it can also be a mistake to put it allllll the way on the side, too. You can allow some space, y'know.

Oh I see, well, trial n error haha
Time to work on more stuff and get better:)

UPDATE;
I didn't feel like making a new topic just for this one post so I'm throwing it in here! :D
I got more pictures of these flowers but this is my favorite(;
4725231775_2ff7e60f37_b.jpg

original
hdr6.jpg

Last edited:
aw...awww.awww.....

how lovely.... and fire-like the second pic is!

how did you reach such a "blended" background effect?
I just love it!

Thanks! :D
I used the CA setting on my Canon T2i setting the backround to fully blurred and exposure up by one.
I didn't touch the backround at all either, I took as is and just went into lightroom and brought up the contrast just a bit and clarity down a bit. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back