Soft Focus with Nylon Stocking (pictures)

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by photong, Aug 15, 2004.

1. photong

photong Typo Queen

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    White Nylon (I have pink too but I haven't trred it yet so I don't know if the colour matters)

With Hole(s) (You cant see them through the lens just in he photo)
    [​IMG]

Without holes
    [​IMG]

Having holes is a lot better, or else everything will be fuzzy (you can really see it if there are words especially small ones in the image). It has more of a smokey effect than anything.

I put mine on by screwing my UV filter over top. I think an eleastic band will help just as well.

There is also using petrolium (sp?) jelly on a plastic that is put over the lens. I'd like to try that one day.
  2. mavrik

mavrik New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DCE tools comes with a portrait skin cleaner that gives portraits a "soft focus" look. Also, I have a soft focus filter for my Rebel that does pretty good work. Doing it like this is tough - you can't get the eyes of a portrait in focus or anything that's not in that one "hole" spot. I think I prefer a soft blur on a new layer and fade it in over shooting the original blurry. Just my 2c. :)

M
  3. photong

photong Typo Queen

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Sorry but some people just don't have the resources or funds to do that so they need to resort to cheaper methods.