Soft Focus with nylon

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to know what you guys thought. They look actually blurry, with smoke, except where I cut a hole for some of the shots.

What do you think? I don't want to spend money on a filter I'll only use once (not to mention i didn't like any at the one store I went to), not to mention being unable to addord it.

I want to do this for portraits...sort of. I do not want to give more info because I'll jinx myself.

I bought a pink pair of nylong, didn't try it out though. I wonder if there will be a difference.

This pair wasn't very sheer. They were 2 dollars for a pair and for children, but they still ran easily. There wasn't any white pairs for women. I wonder if a tan pair would work? I wonder what black will look like?

any suggestions/comments go ahead and spit 'em out.

Thank you :D

With a hole
sf-open.jpg

With a hole
sf-open4.jpg

Without a hole
sf-open3.jpg

With a hole
sf-open1.jpg

Without a hole
sf-open2.jpg

Cool effect. Another trick to consider is the ol' vaseline. Cover the lens tightly with plastic wrap and a rubber band. Apply a thin film of vaseline and leave a small hole in the center. The Vaseline (petroleum jelly) provides a softer effect. The beauty is that you can tailor the effect buy using more or less gel or easily make the hole smaller or bigger.

canonrebel said:
You would definitely enjoy a set of Cokin filters.

I would if I could, but I already mentioned I wont spend money on something that I will use once and prolly wont like. I have yet to see one that I do.

Cool effect. Another trick to consider is the ol' vaseline. Cover the lens tightly with plastic wrap and a rubber band. Apply a thin film of vaseline and leave a small hole in the center. The Vaseline (petroleum jelly) provides a softer effect. The beauty is that you can tailor the effect buy using more or less gel or easily make the hole smaller or bigger.

Thank you. I will try that for sure :)

craig said:

How do you remove the petro jelly from your lens or UV filter?

canonrebel said:
craig said:

How do you remove the petro jelly from your lens or UV filter?

Read it again ;) If you miss it again, I'll have to get the men in the white coats to give you an eye exam. hehe :) Sorry, I had to tease.

Most reactions

Back