Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys and gals.

I have plans to get Aperture 2 for the Mac or Adobe Lightroom 2. Hope in the future to get as much as the Adobe stuff as I can get my little fingers on!

But it will be a few months before I can spend that on software.

Are there any Shareware programs or downloadable programs out there for free or say under 50 bucks that can help me get started with some small editing. I am trying to take pictures that really dont need alot but I need something to help me out for now.

I had adobe photoshop for my PC but in the last 6 months I have gotten rid of my PC's to change over to the MAC, so I have no programs for it?

Any suggestions???

This is also cause I have a project for the Photography Club I am in and I need to edit a Photography that they sent to me!???

NEED ANY AND ALL HELP!

nothing beats photoshop!

Nothing beats a Lamborghini either, but is not necessary for everyone. Frankly CS4 for Mac is last years Ford F150. Nothing like releasing an overpriced piece of software in 32 bit for a screaming 64 bit system. :D

Maybe they can get it right with CS5.

ACDSee is a photo editor that has been around a long time. Sort of a cult classic among digital photographers who got started when digital first came out. Not sure how it compares to Photoshop though. Looks like it might be popular with the scrap book crowd.

Pixelmator is pretty good and it's $59.99. Pixelmator. There is a demo too to get you going.

Gimp is great for JPEG editing. Someone sent me a link for a plugin that is supposed to allow for RAW editing but since I got DPP with my camera I haven't bothered to insall it. Since you know PShop you'll have no problem jumping right into Gimp. It really is one the best open source programs I've ever used.

i strongly recommend lightroom.. I tried aperture first too, thinking it would be what i wanted, then a friend said "i know you use aperture, but try out lightroom" and i did.. and I'll never go back. its amazing, and there are so many great plugins for it. I almost never have to use photoshop anymore, because everything I need is in lightroom

Aperture pales to Lightroom 2. Save the money and spend it on Lightroom, it's worth it.

So I think Lightroom 2 is $299.00 so I will have to wait till November unless I can find some more stuff to sell!

I will try out Gimp for now!!! Please anymore suggestions to help me get to November would be very nice! Thanks all Again@

Now that solves Photo editing!!!!

What about a program for mac to Make Websites, one to make Logos and such???

So I think Lightroom 2 is $299.00 so I will have to wait till November unless I can find some more stuff to sell!

I will try out Gimp for now!!! Please anymore suggestions to help me get to November would be very nice! Thanks all Again@

Now that solves Photo editing!!!!

What about a program for mac to Make Websites, one to make Logos and such???

The Nikon had to come with something. Canon has a program called DPP. I would just use the Nikon program(s) for now then upgrade when you can.

Most reactions

Back