Solar flare

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How can I get rid of the blue and red solar flare on the right hand side? I wanted the flare on the right.

CNV00035renamed90481132093067.jpg

Got it :D

Done this in PaintShop Pro 6 using the Magic Wand selection tool and then adjusting the colour for that selection

lines1132144260.jpg

I played with it for awhile, however what you have come down to is reconstructing the image from what is available and ethically, I don't think that's quite right. You can fix the flare on the right, but 'redoing' the image and fundamentally changing in a computer is the stuff of something other than 'straight photography.' Instead, think of it as a lesson learned, or perhaps think of your work as computer work instead of photography? Tough questions for which there are no clear answers.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Definitely a lesson learned, I've had a few shots spoilt by Solar Flare, something I need to bare in mind :)

personally I would fix the flare in the bottom right corner and then just crop the image...

-tex

updated.jpg

Ethical shmethical. If you're shooting for a client, and they ask for something specific, do you think they care what method you use? Do you really think they want it as in-camera as you can get it? I would think that as long as you provide a service and produce a result that they ask for, then you should use whatever methods you have available to you.

Perfect example: Do you think this client cared whether or not this could be done in the camera or in the computer?? I don't.

touchups.jpg

Kent...my boyfriend still has problems with his face breaking out, and I do that with him. He likes the pictures I take of him. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back