Sold a film SLR for way too little

yip812

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am so bummed about this! I bought a DSLR (Sony Alpha). I had 2 minolta maxxums. One old one, that had a broken LCD screen, but still awesome. And a newer one, in perfect condition. I decided that since I had the DSLR, I didn't need both maxxums. My older camera works fine, so I figured I'd sell the newer one, make a few bucks. I bought it less than a year ago for $27 on ebay, spent $15 for a new battery cover, and $10 for the batteries. Put this on ebay, starting at $16.99. Figured it would go up. Sold today for............$17.49.

!

Is this the economy? Or the ever decreasing cost of DSLRs?

Considering you spent $27 bucks for it, $17 isn't too bad! Not including your improvements mind you.

That's a typical price for many Maxxum film SLR bodies. And, other brands too.

At least you got bids. I've seen way too many cameras go unbid upon. Not due to a lack of interest in film photography, I think. Rather the depressed resale value of film cameras in general. Kind of like driving an Olds off the lot and having its value chopped in half kinda thing. I would have thought it would go for a bit more but I gotta say I'm not really surprised.

Most reactions

Back