2rw02dt.jpg

25f0qkl.jpg

30voq6w.jpg

jfauxc.jpg

5ezq80.jpg

121bh8g.jpg

2ik7i89.jpg

6ss3dy.jpg

they are all nice but in #1 i think that you should have defined the building more it looks like it had some good architecture. i like how you did the orange in #3 lol

#1: Nice, but the building is so dark you can't see any of it, but not dark enough to be a great silhouette shot. Playing with the curves in photoshop will fix some of that (if you have photoshop or something similar). Also, I'm seeing some white specks on the building- they're pretty distracting (looks like reflections from windows or something).

#2: Cool find, but the composition isn't great. Doing a crop so that the chunk of building is in a corner instead of more in the middle might help :)

#3: I like this shot (and how you edited the tree). It is too light for my tastes, though. Again, messing with contrast or curves might help.

#4: Very pretty.

#5: Way too light; the elements blend into eachother and it looks cluttered, like there's not a truly defined subject (though you probably intended it to be the rock).

#6: Not eye catching- just looks like a random picture of a bike in the woods. Maybe try taking it from an interesting angle next time, instead of straight on.

#7: Nice, even if the colours are a little washed out.

#8: Pretty (but it seems a little blurry)

Keep shooting :)

A lot of these are soft in focus, I think you need to watch that, like the last one I don't think anything is in focus, which I think means it's either from camera shake or it just wasn't focused correctly. Maybe your camera was too close to the subject?

I think #1 has some potential if you were going for a silhouette, but the building looks a little crooked.

I didn't know you could do selective coloring in-camera?

I didn't know you could do selective coloring in-camera?

Sorry to jump in and answer this, but it's a feature in a lot of compact cameras, especially Canons. I haven't seen it in a DSLR.

Oh, ok. Thanks, I didn't realize that. It must be a fairly new feature? I don't think my wife's SD600 has it, I could be wrong though.

Sorry to jump in and answer this, but it's a feature in a lot of compact cameras, especially Canons. I haven't seen it in a DSLR.

yah it wasnt a dslr
thanks a ton guys. the canons great but it doesnt let you self focus as far as i can tell , and yes, the last picture is my fault

i didnt even mean to do the first one, it just happened
thanks again guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back