Some artistic portraits "expressions"

Vaporous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melisjphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are just a little series of my husband and I being a little animated. I don't have the best state of the art equipment but we make do........ but I'll get there. Trying to think ouside the "box". Thank you for looking, comments welcome.

1-scared3.jpg

1-scared2.jpg

1-scared.jpg

1-box.jpg

1-scream.jpg

1-teeth.jpg

1-sweat.jpg

1-eye.jpg

I like the emotion. Well captured ;) I like the dark side of it, keep it up.

I like the 4th one!

I am a little bit distracted by whatever that is in the gap between his arms. Is that a leg????

These are very interesting melis. I like them a lot. I have a few comments...

The focus seems to be a little off in some of them. When doing intense expressions like these, focus on facial features would be most important as well as good depth of field so that you can get the maximum effect.

I understand that you are working with minimal equipment, and these are pretty good for what you have. The lighting is nice and dramatic, so the images work well IMO. But shallow depth of field is a major player too. The more shallow your depth of field is, the more it will smooth out the wrinkles and patterns in your homemade backgrounds.

Keep up the good creative work. :)

NJ

Thanks NJMAN, I need to be more aware of my DOF, when I do macro shots its too much, and when I take portraits its the opposite:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back