Some B&W from my newish Pentax

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A month ago, I was at a camera swap/show and found a Pentax ME SE that I just could not pass up. Priced very low, with lens, power winder, and in mint condition. Put a roll of Kodak 125PX black and white through it. It works beautifully. Its been a while since I have posted so here goes:

This my newish camera:

IMG_3715_post.JPG

and here are some pics from it.....

1)
img031_post.jpg

2)
img029_post.jpg

3)
img014a_post.jpg

4)
img030_post.jpg

Thanks for lookin....[/img]

So here I am strolling through a very old graveyard ( oldest stone I could find was 1730 ) and this particular stone caught my eye. Picture is nothing out of the ordinary but it hints of a story of a tragic loss two centuries ago...

"David the Son of Jonathan and Elizabeth. Nicolas died January the 13th, 1790. Age 18 days...."

"Happy Infant, early Bles'd, Who in peaceful Slumber ... Early Refeud from the cares...."

img034_post.jpg

Love that third shot, you need to go shoot that with a long exposure to smooth the water out.

I think the headstone says "Early rescued from the cares..."

Very nice B&W images. I really like the DOF you used with the cat shot - it looks great. The first three shots have great texture detail, very nice! Nothing beats real B&W film. Try Ilford, too, I think you'll be pleased.

I use my Pentax ME for infrared. Recently had it cleaned and refurbished and it's once again a gleaming happy little camera. :D

What is the building in image # 3? Never saw anything like that before.

Here's another headstone that tells a story.

brownfield.jpg

And here's the fanciest stone I've found so far. It's my favorite. Notice the colonial style clothing on the man. Takes forever to wait for the sun to shine just right on these stones so that the carving shows.

waugh.jpg

Those are nice picks of tombstones.... Thanks for sharing. I've been visiting them since I moved to the N.E. back in 99. Structures, buildings, churches, tombstones are all much older and have seen so much time pass. Since moving to NJ, I've been attracted to old places and things that hold memories of a distant past.... more so than when I lived in TX.
Perhaps I'll start another thread with my collection of tombstone pictures.

Here's one tombstone that I really like:

CRW_0410_RT8_post.jpg

It was so detailed.....

and this is probably the spookiest graveyard I have visited so far. A lot of the tombstones were very badly worn and you can tell that some of the enternal resting were poor. Many tombstones were simply a small slate or rock with a date and name scratched into them. Thumbs up to the local community for "fixing" up the cemetary.. locals have told me that it was in pretty bad shape not too long ago....

IMG_1289_post.jpg

The building in #3 is in a park at a nearby town called Morris Plains. It was built in 1938 and my guess it was to controll the flow of water. There used to be an old stone bridge nearby but it finally fell last winter as the community has been trying for years to save it. Also nearby is whats left of an old building and outdoor fireplace. One of my favorite spots to relax and listen to the water. I believe I have posted pictures of this site before:

Water had dropped enough for me to actually stand in it for a pretty shot.
CRW_2348_RT8a_post.jpg

This is whats left of a pretty large stone building that once stood on the same site. I really should try and find out its history.....
45508316.jpg

Most reactions

Back