Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by nismo, Feb 24, 2008.
all are backyard pics but one. please critique.
Ok keeping in mind that these were all taken in your backyard, here is what i think.
1. I like the textures on the wall and the light switch cover thing, but i think that a better crop would have been more effective. I wish i could see the entire cover and the little sliver of the other one in the top appears to be distracting. Also, the angel is a little too oof (out of focus) and dark. White balance is off, but i think it works for this shot.
2. I like this thing, but i find the background to be a little distracting. Maybe experiment with DOF and different angles to get a better composition.
3. I see what you were going for, but it doesn't do anything for me. Maybe try to get the vertical and horizontal lines parallel to the edges of the frame. Also, it appears a little underexposed and oof.
4. Neat statue. I would try to avoid cutting off her feet if possible. Maybe a crop from the waste up would look cool? Also, the little electrical box at the bottom near her feet is distracting.
5. I like what you were going for with the sillhouette effect, but i find the composition to be lacking.
6. This is one of the better shots, but i think if you came in at a harsher angle you would get a better effect. Trees in the background are also distracting.
7. This is my favorite shot of the series, but i wish i could see more of the tree. Although i dig the cloud formation, i just feel like there is too much sky and not enough tree.
Overall i think you have good ideas, but it's the little things that matter.
thanks for the critique i appreciate it
more C&C PLEASE
Separate names with a comma.