icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C please

lotsagulls2.jpg

_MG_3442.jpg

I am deeply in love with the top image. I love the short range of focus. What a beautiful shot.

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

hmm interesting that you were in shutter priority mode for these shots - I tend to find it easier to use aperture priority mode for wildlife - something like 5.6 which you used there (or rather the camera chose ) is what I would be using.
However there is a lot of noise in that shot = especially for ISO 500.
It looks like it was a dark day for shooting and the noise is partly the result of a lack of sufficient light I would guess.

Your second shot is suffering from the light comming from the wrong angle - for a shot of a dark subject with the light behind it I would really consider using the flash to fill in the details from your perspective. That or try and move so that the light is comming from behind you and lighting up the area of the subject you are photographing.

I like your composition and the subjects you have chosen, but I think light management would help a lot towards getting better shots
Hope to see more

ps - for effective crits add to your post what you used to shoot with - lens camera as well as other details like shooting mode aperture, ISO and shutter speed - makes things easy for others to help :)

Thanks, Amber.

Overread ... I too usually use Aperture, but these two happened to be the opposite. The gulls were at dusk and I didn't have my pod with me, so didn't want to risk total blur with Aperture (and didn't want my ISO even higher).

Will add shot details in future.

As for the second shot -- intentional silhouette -- didn't want bird details. Actually got more than I wanted and meant to darken the bird up a bit more.

Thanks for comments to you both.

Most reactions

Back