Went for a walk yesterday and these are some of the shots i made:
Juliana%20Park209.jpg

Juliana%20Park210.jpg

Juliana%20Park211.jpg

Juliana%20Park212.jpg

Juliana%20Park213.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Now I know you know more about Birds than I do but are you sure #5 is a Bird??

Those in flight are beautifully captured, but a little dark on my monitor (calibrated, but they are still all different). The mallards are nice and bright. #5 must have had some heavy post-processing - doesn't even look like a bird! - TF

Well no, #5 wasnt a bird. But it do something with the stuff that the birds left behind. Ill just say that you dont wanna smell its breath :crazy:
I think i forgot to play with the WB in pp. The second one looks alot cooler then the third one.
And thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it :D

Wow...excellent captures.
Amazing details.

that mallard drake is SMOOTH! how did you manage that?

that mallard drake is SMOOTH! how did you manage that?

This. I'm intrigued.

I actually took a snapshot of a mallard yesterday (with my not-fancy gear) and he is much different than this one - you can see his feathers more distinctly, but yours is much nicer. Perhaps your duck pays more attention to his appearance when preening and I got a slacker duck?

Your white bird is just lovely in both shots...I want to pet him and feel how soft he is.

Uppon further review, I would have liked to see a deeper DOF on #4 and have both the male and female in focus.

This. I'm intrigued.

I actually took a snapshot of a mallard yesterday (with my not-fancy gear) and he is much different than this one - you can see his feathers more distinctly, but yours is much nicer. Perhaps your duck pays more attention to his appearance when preening and I got a slacker duck?

Your white bird is just lovely in both shots...I want to pet him and feel how soft he is.

Mallards are an intrusive duck known for crossbreeding with local breeds, this might give some insight into why the one you saw is different from doenoe's wile at the same time mine are likely different from the the both of them. To put it bluntly, the ones around here are Ugly

Battou, my guy was definitely prettier than that one, lol.

Here he is. That is not a photo blog, btw, so no nasty comments on my quickie snapshots, you hear?

Well, its partly because i used a noise reduction program (NeatImage). It not only smooths out the background, but sometimes it goes for other parts too. It happens rather often with birds and their feathers. I can be pretty annoying at times, but here it worked quite well. And you could only see little detail in the original. So i guess it was a smooth duck.
Thanks for the replies :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back